You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.7 (Windows)

Using the latest Beta (.7) and AD still doesn't remember my colour profile (ISO coated v2 300% ECI) I set in the preferences for CMYK when no document is open.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6

1. CTRL+- (zoom out) doesn't work 

Mouse scroll while hovering over a dropdown with scrollbar doesn't move the scrollbar (as expected), but moves the whole artboard underneath (I tried font fsize dropdown)

I'm back just to tell this...

If AD could be purchased right now, I will buy it!!! (Like I bought Serif's Draw, Page and Web Plus before...)

I'm very satisfied with speed, results and easy of use of all tools AD provide together. Everithing I'm trying is working perfectly!!!

Congratulations for this wonderfull software you are developing.

Just to know... I'm using other vector tools for the last 10 years.

For testing purposes, I made various previous works and the easy and accuracy of AD is amazing and very superior of those!!!

Everything simple works!!! and works fast!!!

Congratulations again!!!

A very satisfied Beta Tester.

Nothing will load after installin 1.5.0.7. All I get is a complete black screen. The loaded layers show in the window to the left, but nothing can be done. Even a new document just gives me a complete black screen. Not a lot of good.

Hi Chris, did 1.5.0.6 work? Can you tell me what your graphics card is? Also, have you installed any Windows Updates or updated your graphics drivers? Any information you can give will really help.

Some time when you use the FILL TOOL

and make some change to your work,

the layer is not rendered anymore in the view window, but it is only rendered in the Navigator view,

to display it again I have to set again the TYPE parameter.

In the Fill Color combo list box,

the separator is selectable and it show the string Serif.Affinity.UI.Controls.PickerModeSeparator.

Thanks for this update.

Using Surface pro 4 with pen.

Couple of bugs I noticed. 

1. undo with Control z doesn't work at times.

2. duplicating an object while holding control doesn't work all the time, especially while rotating and duplicating.

3. When using the Pen to rotate an object, rotate cursor icon is not available when near corner nodes.

Thanks

hi friends , sorry about my bad emglish.
i have a new camera mirrorless panasonic lumix gx80 i shot only in raw format, the affinity designer public bet for windows it's compatible ???
i don't understand.
i am waiting your reply thanks a lot marco

Hi Levideo

I cannot verify if the images from the GX80 work, however images from the GX8 seem to open fine and I believe they may be a similar sensor. Best bet is to download it and try it out, especially as it is free! I would also bear in mind that Designer is a vector drawing application so you might not get the expected tone curve applied like you would in image editing software

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Levideo

I cannot verify if the images from the GX80 work, however images from the GX8 seem to open fine and I believe they may be a similar sensor. Best bet is to download it and try it out, especially as it is free! I would also bear in mind that Designer is a vector drawing application so you might not get the expected tone curve applied like you would in image editing software

I have Panasonic G3 and G6, and Designer doesn't recognise images from either of them.  I didn't really expect it to, with it not being a photo processor, until I read your post, but now I'm wondering whether it ought to?

Updated from Beta 1.5.05 to 1.5.07. I had problems with the .NET installation. It did not appear to complete the installation reading the task bar progress at 50% installed. Windows 10 took for ever to restart and when it did the computer was unusable. I tried a cold start (Computer unplugged from mains) still no joy. I left the computer for half hour and then restarted. Still it was at snails pace. It did look like the display was struggling, nothing unusual reported in the Task Manager. On the 4th restart I decided to go into safe mode by keying F8 forgetting that Windows 10 does not support this function but the swirly timer suddenly went to its normal fast speed and windows 10 is know fully operational. Don't ask me why.

The new Beta 07 has gained leaps and bounds. I have been testing fully Pdf imports and the previous versions failed miserably on this matter. Now a pdf can be placed with what appears full integrity. One thing though, now it does report missing fonts and an option is giving to replace the missing fonts with ease BUT it appears not to list Type 1.

Stroke width state issue.

Steps to create:

1. Create object.
  2. Select object.
  3. Select and apply a preset brush.
  4. From the toolbar, activate the stroke menu.
  5. Select a Width of 50pt and press return to apply or use the slider.
  6. Select the Export persona from the toolbar.
  7. Select the Draw persona.
  8. The stroke width will have reset to its default size.

I just tried to open Affinity and I keep getting the "Unhandled Exception" error and it keeps crashing. I went to the thread addressing this error and downloaded the new one but once it gets to the setup wizard, it won't let me click on anything except for cancel. Please help!

• Staff

After opening Affinity Designer Beta for Windows and pressing key 'x' the program crashes. This is repeatable.

Hi rblath,

Just to confirm you are pressing 'x' on the keyboard? As I can reproduce this no problem - in addition to 'x', '/' also causes the crash. :)

Thanks for letting us know, i'll get it reported to the devs!

Hi rblath,

Just to confirm you are pressing 'x' on the keyboard? As I can reproduce this no problem - in addition to 'x', '/' also causes the crash. :)

Thanks for letting us know, i'll get it reported to the devs!

Yes I am pressing 'x' on the keyboard. I also tried 'c' as another variation but this did not do any harm.

Glad I can be of help.