You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export > problem with Arial font.

Hi

On attached image You can see some text typed with Arial font. On the left everything is as I want to but on right side, where You can see image exported to PDF, the "L" letters and "." (dot) symbol seems to be bolded somehow. No matter if I converted text to curves, after export to PDF it looks the same. With other fonts everything is OK.

greetings

Bartek

post-28853-0-55645200-1468932043_thumb.jpg

Bartek,

Nie wiem jakiej wersji AD uzyles, ale np. AD 1.5.0.2 mial taki blad ze np, Ariala krzywil w locie przy eksporcie do pdf.

I byc moze w pdf-ie masz to w krzywych, a w Adobe Reader masz wlaczone rozszerzanie ciekich lini - iltera "l" jest przez program traktowana jako linia ktora wizualnie rozszerza. Wylacz te opcje w Adobe Reader i sprawdz czy w pdfie masz to w krzywych czy jako tekst.

Ja to zglaszalem (krzywienie fontow w miejsce osadzania) i moze w nowej podwersji juz to poprawili.

• Staff

I'd like to endorse what lewaw has said. If you output your text as curves and Acrobat has 'Enhance thin lines' set in preferences you will tend to see these kind of artifacts. Either turn that option off, or ideally don't export your text as curves if possible.

It doesn't matter, as per the OP's exporting both as curves or not, for Arial and some other sans-serif fonts to display thick letters in the resultant PDF. It's a common topic on the Adobe forums and can happen even with live text.

But the solution is the same: Turn off Enhance thin lines in Reader or Acrobat's preferences.

Heh...  strange - I've never seen something like this when text was changed to curves. Curve is curve, so how Adobe Reader know which object was an "l" letter before transformation? :) Mystery. 

Thanks for solving my noobish "problem".

@lawaw1 - wobec wyjaśnień wersja chyba nie ma znaczenia. Ariala używam całkiem nigdy a teraz dla testów tylko i faktycznie nie bardzo się miałem jak spotkać z tym godnym nobla rozwiązaniem Adobiego. Dzięki. :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.