You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.6 (Windows)

Hi TomR,

That means you have Windows updates installed that requires a restart of your computer.  Please restart your computer to complete the Windows updates install and attempt installation of Affinity Designer again.  This worked for me on Windows 10 Pro x64.

Cheers,

Nana

Thank you.  :)

Hi TomR,

That means you have Windows updates installed that requires a restart of your computer.  Please restart your computer to complete the Windows updates install and attempt installation of Affinity Designer again.  This worked for me on Windows 10 Pro x64.

Cheers,

Nana

That didn't work for me sadly. Latest version I have installed is 4.61. Tried both the offline and webinstaller.

Error Log

OS Version = 10.0.10586, SP = 0.0, Platform 2
OS Description = Future OS - x64
MSI = 5.0.10586.0
Windows servicing = 10.0.10586.168
CommandLine = D:\e26a9f0302842cff93e644\\Setup.exe /norestart /passive /showrmui /showfinalerror /chainingpackage Affinity /x86 /x64 /redist
TimeZone = Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit
Initial LCID = 1031
Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
Operation: Installing
Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview Setup
Package Version = 4.6.01532
User Experience Data Collection Policy: AlwaysUploaded
Number of applicable items: 6
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x800F081E) (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:21).

To be fair D: is not my primary / OS Harddrive. Any idea?

EDIT: It seems that the issue is the .net installer. It currently tries to install / extract .NET on my secondary hard drive. Will continue to troubleshoot.

The error 0x800F081E  indeed describes that a restart is needed for the updates to apply, which I have done.

Edited by Mitsu

That didn't work for me sadly. Latest version I have installed is 4.61. Tried both the offline and webinstaller.

Error Log

OS Version = 10.0.10586, SP = 0.0, Platform 2
OS Description = Future OS - x64
MSI = 5.0.10586.0
Windows servicing = 10.0.10586.168
CommandLine = D:\e26a9f0302842cff93e644\\Setup.exe /norestart /passive /showrmui /showfinalerror /chainingpackage Affinity /x86 /x64 /redist
TimeZone = Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit
Initial LCID = 1031
Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
Operation: Installing
Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview Setup
Package Version = 4.6.01532
User Experience Data Collection Policy: AlwaysUploaded
Number of applicable items: 6
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x800F081E) (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:21).

To be fair D: is not my primary / OS Harddrive. Any idea?

It seems like Windows thinks this update isn't applicable:

http://serverfault.com/questions/655246/what-does-dism-return-code-0x800f081e-mean-when-installing-wmf-4-0-on-windows-7

Do you have any Windows Updates available? Do you have a C:\ drive you could move the installer to?

This might be able to help? 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/947821

It seems like Windows thinks this update isn't applicable:

http://serverfault.com/questions/655246/what-does-dism-return-code-0x800f081e-mean-when-installing-wmf-4-0-on-windows-7

Do you have any Windows Updates available? Do you have a C:\ drive you could move the installer to?

This might be able to help? 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/947821

The installer is on my C:\ Drive. I'm running from the Downloads folder. Should I move it to the root directory?

I will try the tool you've provided to see if this helps but my guess is that my old windows installation I had on my secondary hard drive (E:) is interfering in the sense that the .NET installer is looking into the wrong hard drive. I read temporarily disabling the secondary hard drive could work and then running the .net installer.

Thanks for the support by the way!

This version is the worst of all!

After opening one document, I can not open a second one before crashing Affinity Designer.

Crashes from time to time even when working on only one document.

My System 1: Windows 10 64Bit on a Surface Pro 4 (256GB SSD, 8GB RAM)

My System 2: Windows 10 64Bit Preview Build 14390

This version is the worst of all!

After opening one document, I can not open a second one before crashing Affinity Designer.

Crashes from time to time even when working on only one document.

My System 1: Windows 10 64Bit on a Surface Pro 4 (256GB SSD, 8GB RAM)

My System 2: Windows 10 64Bit Preview Build 14390

Can you look in %APPDATA%\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports and see if there is anything in there? 

Do you have a method to reproduce either of the crashes?

But I noticed that in this version, I'm pressing Ctrl + J to duplicate and does not work.

I can confirm that.

No issues though with install including .NET.

App slower to open now - aprox 10 seconds. Earlier betas aprox 5 seconds (PS CS6 is around 5 sec). 

ASUS ROG G750JS - Nvidia GeForce GTX 870M - 16G RAM - Windows 10 (Designer installed on SSD)

And Ctrl+' (Grid) does not work too.

No, but at least 'View > Show Grid' works. The 'Duplicate' option on the Edit menu is permanently greyed out (i.e. disabled) in this build.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

No, but at least 'View > Show Grid' works. The 'Duplicate' option on the Edit menu is permanently greyed out (i.e. disabled) in this build.

Yes, it's state got accidentally inverted. You'll notice if you have no selection then it becomes available. Not much use... It's fixed now and will be available in the next build.

If you manage to get it working, let us know :)

Didn't work sadly. Error persists even though only my OS Hard drive is plugged in. It installs on C:/ now but I still get the error that describes that this update is not applicable.

There is no older version of Affinity Designer available that runs on 4.6.1 for example, correct?

Beta doesn't start. Windows 7 64-bit sih0-designer0.png

Bad URL. That's the location of a page, instead of the location of this image displayed on that page:

post-8358-0-05971400-1468912054_thumb.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)