You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.6 (Windows)

Purpose: Stability

Requirements: None

Download: Here (Temporarily removed build, new version arriving shortly, please bear with us)

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed customised tools toolbar not being remembered on app run up
  • Fixed tools panel not saving the last used flyout
  • Fixed tools panel 'Reset' resetting the columns as opposed to the actual toolbar
  • Fixed crash when a new version is available and the tools panel is floating
  • Fixed transform panel tabbing order
  • Fixed grid colours not being remembered
  • Fixed crash double clicking swatches
  • Fixed Character and Paragraph tabs open with sections collapsed
  • Fixed pressing Tab to hide studio failing to properly hide a panel docked to the left
  • Fixed snapping curves when extending a curve with PenTool
  • Fixed PDF import to use MediaBox instead of CropBox for page size
  • Fixed PDF import to use multiple pages laid out in a 2D grid rather than a straight line
  • Fixed PDF export when the colour format of the PDF is set by a rasterised area that does not contain bitmaps (it should default to the export format in this case)
  • Fixed PDF export applying alpha transparency twice to rasterised areas
  • Assets can be dropped with constraints active onto whichever artboard contained the mouse at the time (rather than the first artboard)
  • Fixed swatch appearance setting not being remembered after closing app
  • Fixed Asset list mode setting not being remembered
  • Fixed fault in swatch palette appearance with large/medium icons
  • Fixed Grid and Axis Manager Advanced setting not being remembered
  • Fixed no highlight when tabbing on non-input fields
  • Fixed outline view mode button having an incorrect tooltip
  • Fixed clicking View Point in the dropdown list not loading when only 1 View Point exists
  • Fixed being unable to zoom in with Ctrl and + on German keyboard
  • Fixed being unable to open Windows Assets on Mac and vice versa
  • Fixed Assets panel crash in non-English language
  • Fixed crash when selecting drop-down for paragraph alignment (and others)
  • Fixed loading of PSD files with pattern strokes
  • Fixed object styles to include text formatting
  • Fixed text handling to deal with dead keys, shortcuts and other keyboard issues
  • Fixed crash in double-click on recent swatch
  • Fixed export area not greyed out with no selection
  • Added WMF/EMF presets and updated UI
  • Fixed export overwriting existing file
  • Fixed crash with shortcuts when no document open
  • Fixed text not printing correctly
  • Fixed WARP10 identification fallback when application starts (previously would say no hardware available)
  • Added 'Use hardware Direct3D' option, which when unticked will use WARP10 instead
  • Fixed crash when loading non-WEBP RIFF files (e.g.CorelDraw files)
  • Fixed right-alt drag not duplicating
  • Fixed typing problems in Help dialog
  • Added OpenType Positional Alternates
  • Fixed Layer panel continuously drawing
  • Fixed menu bar hit boxes being too small
  • Fixed pressing Enter in Transform panel after tabbing to input field adding extra line
  • Fixed being unable to resize constraints tab
  • Fixed New Document dialog Page Dimension boxes moving when Actual Size zoom is changed
  • Fixed Colour panel flyout always resetting to HSL Colour Wheel
  • Fixed dropping files, cancelling a PDF import, or having a PDF import fail causing the application to not close due to "Opening files" error message
  • Fixed being unable to apply a font that has no Postscript name
  • Fixed Clip To Canvas so it is always available (doesn't require a view), and is correctly remembered
  • Fixed PDF export always converting text to curves
  • Fixed Artboard names being ignored in the Export dialog
  • Fixed being unable to open WMF files
  • Fixed adjusting a value in the paragraph panel adding too many history entries
  • Fixed crash when trying to place an .afdesign file that is currently open
  • Fixed closing a PDF document not releasing it's file handle until the application is closed
  • Changed "Before Paragraph Indent" to "Space Before Paragraph", and similarly for After, this is now consistent with command history and text styles
  • Fixed studio docking problems
  • Fixed PDF export to avoid using layers inside transparency groups
  • Fixed pressure from Touch, Windows Pen, and Wacom Pen input
  • Fixed being unable to search fonts using a previous letter
  • Fixed opening a RAW file from a Unicode path
  • Fixed manually typing gradient stops not positioning correctly
  • Fixed Channel Mixer on Adjustment dialogs opening halfway off the screen
  • Changed the short title for the Stroke panel to 'Str' instead of 'Lin'
  • Fixed crash when undoing a 'deleted' layer via dragging to the bin icon on the Layers panel
  • Fixed Channel Mixer on Adjustment dialogs Grey, CMYK and LAB not working correctly
  • Fixed Colour Picker tool missing from keyboard shortcuts
  • Fixed crash when maximising Help on second monitor
  • Fixed editing a global colour using tint not updating object
  • Fixed crash when entering CTRL+Tab as a keyboard shortcut
  • Fixed blank entry in Keyboard Shortcuts (toggle constraints page)
  • Fixed tooltip for Toggle UI shortcut being incorrect
  • Added multiple gaps to snapping
  • Fixed Export dialog showing More options incorrectly
  • Fixed crash when entering large values in the New Document / Document Setup dialogs
  • Fixed being unable to re-select Passthrough in blend modes
  • Fixed no error message being shown if Export fails
  • Fixed inconsistency in Units for some text attributes
  • Fixed slow PSD load
  • Fixed some UI being too small when translated
  • Added additional translations
  • Fixed being unable to install or crashing at startup due to corrupted Windows update (no longer ship the Visual C++ Redistributable)
  • Upgraded .NET Framework to 4.6.2 to enable per-monitor DPI

Known Issues
  • The .NET installer can fail during the installation, try rebooting your computer as updates are pending
  • On Windows 7, the view can flicker when resizing the window

I tried to install 1.5.0.6, but received a failed message:-

Item installation failed : Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview

Setup will now exit.

Windows 10

Hi TomR,

That means you have Windows updates installed that requires a restart of your computer.  Please restart your computer to complete the Windows updates install and attempt installation of Affinity Designer again.  This worked for me on Windows 10 Pro x64.

Cheers,

Nana

Hmm... I've been waiting for almost 40 minutes while the .Net Framework has been showing the screenshot. I may just terminate and download the installation file directly from Microsoft.

post-28493-0-49073700-1468844131_thumb.png

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Hi Mark,

Something strange is happening with this release.  When I remote desktop into a machine with this AD 1.5.0.6 installed, all the icons get messed up as shown in the attached image

Now I must admit that I didn't test this with 1.5.0.5 version so I can't draw a fair comparison.   The screen resolution on from the RDP session is native resolution.

Kind Regards,

Nana

post-13053-0-00506600-1468846970_thumb.jpg

Guest Arun Sarkar

2itnd52.jpg

May be another graphics card issue. My Graphics card : Nvedia Geforce 8600. Should I remove this card & try on-board graphics? I think this Motherboard is quite updated (with USB 3 support).

• Staff

Nana, i've just reproduced this by remoteing into the computer next to me, no idea why some of the icons change, but i'll get it logged!

By default, doesn't remote desktop only use 8bit palletised colour?

2itnd52.jpg

May be another graphics card issue. My Graphics card : Nvedia Geforce 8600. Should I remove this card & try on-board graphics? I think this Motherboard is quite updated (with USB 3 support).

Arun, is there anything in the crash report folder?

%APPDATA%\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports

Guest Arun Sarkar

Arun, is there anything in the crash report folder?

%APPDATA%\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports

Hello Mark :)

Greetings of the day!!!

Yes 3 *.dmp files

Hello Chris :)

Yes I restarts after installations and will be back after removing my Nvedia Card. :)

• Staff

By default, doesn't remote desktop only use 8bit palletised colour?

Mines using 32bit, some icons are fine yet others look like the attached screenshot.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Installed without issues! :)  It took a few minutes for .NET Framework 4.6.2 to install but after that all was smooth. I won't be able to test features until later today but AD 1.5.6 (Windows) did start & load my last project normal.

So far, so good! 

Affinity Designer 2.0.0 Windows  · Affinity Photo 2.0.0 Windows  ·  Windows 11 Pro 64-bit   ·  AMD Ryzen 9-3900X 12-Core 3.80Ghz  ·  16Gb RAM   ·  Asus DUAL-RTX2070-O8G-EVO-V2 

• Staff

Nana, i've just reproduced this by remoteing into the computer next to me, no idea why some of the icons change, but i'll get it logged!

All the icons that fail are in the disabled state - and they seem to have inverted alpha. This is bound to be some Remote Desktop quirk to do with the way it handles the shader used to draw them disabled. I dare say this is just the start of a long list of things that Remote Desktop does subtly wrong if you get past this point... :/

• Staff

Thank you Mark :)

I attached those files

Mark, can you confirm me that this Mother Board ( http://www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3778#ov) support Affinity Designer if i remove the Graphic Card.

Hi Arun,

I noticed that the link says:

This model uses an Intel H61 chipset, however it DOES NOT support the Intel HD Graphics function built into the Intel Core processors. A discrete VGA card is required for graphics output

So you won't be able to plug the monitor into anything! You'll need a discrete graphics card plugged into it...

Thanks,

Matt

Hi. Does Affinity Designer always start with the Greys Swatches Pallet loaded?

I tried setting The Colours Swatches as the Default for an RGB/16 document but Affinity always starts with the Greys Pallet.

Another issue with the swatches -  on the Fill box on the tool bar which opens on the Colour RGB sliders it just fills with Greys even if I've already changed the Swatches to Colour if I then click on say Colours or Gradients and then go back to Swatches it always goes back to Greys.

Can we change the default behaviour to load colours rather than greys? because nothing seems to stick when I try lol

Hello Mark :)

Greetings of the day!!!

Yes 3 *.dmp files

Hello Chris :)

Yes I restarts after installations and will be back after removing my Nvedia Card. :)

Hi Arun. I don't know if this makes a difference but hope this may help you. I had no issues installing with an older nVidia card; GeForce GTX 560 Ti using driver v355.82. 

Affinity Designer 2.0.0 Windows  · Affinity Photo 2.0.0 Windows  ·  Windows 11 Pro 64-bit   ·  AMD Ryzen 9-3900X 12-Core 3.80Ghz  ·  16Gb RAM   ·  Asus DUAL-RTX2070-O8G-EVO-V2 

Thank you Mark :)

I attached those files

Mark, can you confirm me that this Mother Board ( http://www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3778#ov) support Affinity Designer if i remove the Graphic Card.

Hi Arun, the crash occurs when trying to display a warning about your graphics card not being good enough. The crash shouldn't occur, but the computer you were trying to run it on will probably not be suitable anyway.