You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

"Expand Stroke" works only with the first type of brushes: Solid Brushes. The other brushes align pixel textures to a vector curve. And you can't expand pixel strokes to vector strokes. The denotation "Vector Brush" is a little bit misleading in this case. Only the core of this brush strokes is a vector.

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2014 at 9:04 PM, Jobalou said:

Select the line. Go In the menu "Layer" and select "Expand Stroke". After that your line is a filled shape that you can use with compound shapes.
Hope that could help.

I can't find this option for a drawn rectangle, even after converting it to curves.

image.thumb.png.bf3dfaff33665a022a201c25028f5d81.png

1 hour ago, martins said:

I can't find this option for a drawn rectangle, even after converting it to curves.

That is because it is a feature of Affinity Designer & you are using Affinity Photo.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

That is because it is a feature of Affinity Designer & you are using Affinity Photo.

Thank you, @R C-R. You're right. I found it in Affinity Designer and worked.

The reason I asked was to be able to scale the stroke with the object. Now I also found that both Photo and Designer have the option to Scale with object, which also solves my problem.

Thank you!

Affinity_Designer_-__Untitled___Modified___81_1__.png

7 hours ago, PixelPest said:

Just in case: You can copy&paste from AD into APh or Boolean Subtract shapes in APh to get "Expanded stroke":

Please ignore this brainless reply of mine. FWIW, your screenshot shows AP, not APh, & boolean subtract is available in that app as well.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

FWIW, your screenshot shows AP, not APh, & boolean subtract is available in that app as well.

If you hover over your text, you may note that both AP and APh are "Affinity Photo".

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

21 minutes ago, PixelPest said:

I read APh as AffinityPhoto and you?

Yeah, me too. I just made the mistake of reading the topic before my first cup of coffee kicked in. 🙁

Affinity Photo 

• 1 year later...