You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear Affinity Team,

I love your program and still use the 10 days trial version. As I often work with Text - used illustrator for many years - I need a auto-hyphenation tool.

Do I just not find it or is it not included in the Affinity designer?

And if not - are there any plan implementing it?

Thanks for your reply.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I would like to add: if the program is going to give you the ability to justify text on both the right and left margin, auto-hyphenation is really a big deal. It feels unfinished.

p.s. It's amazing what you've done with a $50 dollar program. I bought Affinity Photo mostly just to support you efforts. I would like to forget that Adobe existss.

• 4 months later...
On 29. Juni 2017 at 1:35 PM, Dave Harris said:

Be aware that Affinity will use soft hyphens if you add them manually.

Does not work with your “Insert Filler Text”. So not useful to present professional typography. Will there be more options very soon?

Filler text does not behave like normal text anyway.

Soft hyphens are very useful in creating professional typography, it is just that hand tuning text is time consuming and autohyphenation would save a lot of time. That is, if your designs have a lot of text. AD is meant for short documents so soft hyphens are ok-ish.

There is no ready shortcut for soft hyphen which is weird as it is used a lot. I set it to be alt+cmd+-

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
14 hours ago, Rizki said:

It's been years and they dont add this feature yet. 😪
pls affinity, i need this hyphenation.

It is available in Publisher.  Serif chose to intentionally omit this from Designer.

You can open your Designer projects in Publisher to enable hyphenation, and it will still be present when you take the project back to Designer (if you need to do so).

7 minutes ago, fde101 said:

It is available in Publisher.  Serif chose to intentionally omit this from Designer.

You can open your Designer projects in Publisher to enable hyphenation, and it will still be present when you take the project back to Designer (if you need to do so).

alright then. i dint know that 🥲

thnks for reply