You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Open multiple files as layers

I am working on a "light painting" using up to 25 photos as layers to create one image. I tried creating a stack but didn't like the initial look of the image. I can open a number of images, (these are RAW images) select and develop each one, and then copy and paste them individually into a new file. It is a tedious and slow process, is there a faster way? Thanks in advance for responding to my question, I'm new to this product.

There may be some solution to "autodevelop" raw-files but generally you have to fiddle raw images to presentable format one by one. I develop images in Lightroom, export as PSD or TIF, open first in AP and drag the rest as a bunch to opened image where they import as layers.

Thanks for the response Fixx,

I use Lr too and generally when adjusting these files I do most of the work in Ps, or in this case AP. So when I open the files I don't make any changes in the RAW Persona, just click on Develop, then copy and paste each one ( I have one file opened first in AP so that I can paste the others in as Layers)  into the file I'm working on. The "click and drag" multiple files sounds like what I'm looking for, but I'm a little fuzzy on the steps to get there. I can export all the files I want to use from Lr as PSD files, then??

Yes, though I am not fully sure of all things involved.

Drop PSD images from Finder folder to one open image in AP, (not to layers palette which will produce separate AP image windows (go figure..).)

This drop produces "Embedded document" layers (like "smart objects" I suppose) which you can scale and rotate repeatedly without quality loss, but which translates to pixel layer after you edit the content otherwise. 

I am not too familiar with layer types as you can also have "Image" layers which seem to be about the same as "Embedded" layers (what is the difference? Embeddeds come from PSD and Images from JPEG? AP assumes PSDs will have extra content to play with?).

Ps. I think I read somewhere here that app called Photoline can open raw files as layers and keep these layers as editable nondestructive raw format. Sounds like something you would find useful..