You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Could anyone please tell me how to insert a piece of clipart from a free clipart site into my project?  I've had no luck with it and I just simply wanted to insert a symbol indicating my website address (there's nothing appropriate on the Affinity emoticons section)

Thank you.

Which Affinity product are you using, and on what OS? What is the file format of the clipart that you want to insert?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

See what resolution the PNG is. Consider the "print" size  -- if it's to be printed it needs to be at least 300dpi, if it's for web the pixel dimensions should be equal to or larger than the document you're placing it into. Rule of thumb for raster/bitmapped files or clipart, it's better to scale down rather than scaling up. If you upsize too much, you'll get stair-steps and a "grainy-pixelated" appearance. Although there's smoothing methods that apps use, upscaled images will usually look not as good as images scaled down.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

And.. (if I understand your problem right) to insert the clipart, you can use the file>place command. Navigate to where you saved your clipart.

Drag out with the cursor to get the size you want. Then you can move it to where you want it.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2