You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Distribute items is greyed out in drop down window

I can find the distribute option in the Layer>Alignment main menu, but it is missing in the Context toolbar or right click menu. There is an entry in the drop down Alignment button but it shows up as greyed out and does nothing. There should be a way to distribute at x pixels or other unit available. I miss the Arrange tab that is in DP - I realise this is not DP and it will take time for AD to mature, but distribution of objects by x units should be available other than the 'Auto' distribution that is currently available in the Layer>Alignment option. See screenshot.

post-28493-0-76906400-1468668183_thumb.png

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

It isn't perhaps as intuitive as it might be, Ken, but it can be done! You need to explicitly select the 'Space Horizontally' and/or 'Space Vertically' buttons to enable the corresponding 'distribute' options.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks, Alfred, but I'm none the wiser; where are the 'Space Horizontally' and 'Space Vertically' buttons located?

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Sorry, Ken, I should have been more explicit! They're the rightmost 'Align Horizontally' and 'Align Vertically' buttons on the Arrange flyout.

post-8358-0-71961000-1468672114_thumb.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks, Alfred, I see them now! :) Now I know where they are I'll be fine but, as you mentioned, it's not as intuitive as perhaps it could be. :)

• 4 years later...

aaah it's backward.... weird. The confusing thing is: You can see it happening. It centers to spread first (when you select center) so you think that's it! and press "apply". But before you press "apply" you can select the other options... and see that happening TOO... and THEN press apply, to confirm. (it remembers the last state btw.) Thanks Alfred.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.