You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Black cover over document

Hello,

I found something strange.

I will made in steps what I done

1) Open New Document

2) Draw something

3) Then I hide AD into taskbar

4) After a while I opened AD (hour or so) and while rolling black screen covering document area appear.

It just keep changing sometime is normal, next is black and at last its blinking...

When I open next document and new is everything allright, but on document that was with error it remains till exit of it.

post-32880-0-10818300-1468587704_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Lilpri,

Would you be able to give a bit of information on your machine at all please - as I don't believe we have encountered this yet!

What OS, CPU and Graphics card are you running?

Would you be able to attach a document when it is in that state please?

Thanks

System: Wind 7 Pro x64 SP1

Ram: 6GB

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ - 3,10 GHz

About graphics I don't remember its PC in my work.

But I found this problem also on my laptop:

Windows 10 x64

CPU Pentium N3530 2,16GHz

4GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics

If encounter it again I will upload file (you mean save it after something like that appear?)

• Staff

If encounter it again I will upload file (you mean save it after something like that appear?)

Yes please, once reproduced please save and attach the offending document! It sounds as though an action inside the application is making it happen instead of hardware.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I was able to finally get this error :)

In attachment is file that caused it and here is movie is recorded by Team Viewer 11.

How it happens? Its seems like this way:

1) Shortcuts turned off automatically - dont know why but they stopped working in options everything was fine.

2) Keep drawing and puting gradients to shapes.

3) Turned AD to task bar while searching for something on google

4) Turned another program that was using .net framework (crm system in company named Navireo from Insert)

5) After a little hang out its happens.

Hope you will found by what it is caused.

blackeditarea.afdesign

• Staff

Hi Lilpri,

Unfortunately I'm still unable to reproduce the issue. Although I wasn't able to find a trial or demo of Navireo to properly reproduce your steps however

My guess is it could be a specific set of actions that is being performed on a document that is causing it to happen. If you can try to remember the details as to what you were doing previously and then try that on a new document.

You did mention that Shortcuts were not working - this is currently a known issue that using Alt Gr will cause shortcuts to fail.

Are you using the latest build of Affinity (1.5.0.8)? The version can be seen when starting the software up or selecting Help > About if you are already running the software.

Yes, I'm using latest version of AD (1.5.0.8).

Basicly I were using pen tool, node tool, rectangle and elipse tool.

Maybe some changes in Preference made it happen? I checked use precise cliping and View quality (which didn't save this option after restart).

Its seems like this happens when my CPU went to 100% due to some error in other application. But when I tried it again nothing happens :/

Although I'm sure about it - until my PC freeze due to overusing CPU and disc everything was fine - after hang out and forcefully close some application everything went to normal besides this black cover over artboard.

If you are using 1.5.0.8, go to the Performances section of Preferences, and see what graphics card it is set to. There are other options you can try there to see if that fixes the problem. Can you let us know what it is set to?

Its set to Default (Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT (MS Corp - WDDM v1.1))

Other options are:

Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT (MS Corp - WDDM v1.1)

And

WARP

• 1 month later...

In 1.5.0.17 is still happening. 

I was doing some buissness card templates, next I had to go somewhere so I hover it off into taskbar. After I went back (dunno 20-30min) its start blinking. But after I change AD window to other monitor it stopped.

Also what I found was some changes in history. I exported project as png files, before export I copied some text to put it below. After sometime of inactivity I found that text I copied was nowhere to be found. Also history panel show some steps back (there was no trace of selecting some text object, copy it and transform) compared to what was imported as png.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.