You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5 - Beta 4)

Hi Frank,

To anchor to the centre, just align your object to the centre and then turn off the width and height stretching, so your object cannot change size, but its position will remain in the centre as the container changes. Hope that makes sense? :)

Thanks,

Matt

You mean like this? Still distorts the image when I adjust the parent object (vector rectangle).

post-33173-0-37185000-1469034433_thumb.png

• Staff

That's the one, Miguel! :)  We desperately need a good tutorial video for this feature as it can do so much - but you have to get your head around it first! :)  Fortunately, the documentation team are in the process of getting tutorial videos sorted for it, I believe :)

I'm finding that I'm hesitating to test out newer features, as they are so unfamiliar. Text/Paragraph styles are one thing, but this Constraints feature... To quote Airplane, "I picked the wrong week to stop drinking." :)

I don't do UI design, just vector art, comics and lettering in AD... so maybe a lot of the new features are for the UI crowd? 

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.