You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[ADe] Flood Fill Tool - like what's already in Drawplus

Hi

I would like to see a flood fill tool that works with vector entities in the same way that it does in Drawplus, this would help with mirroring work flows bewteen the two applications!

Currently I can open up a dwg/dxf file in drawplus and use the flood fill tool to click on areas and fill them with colour.

I would be happy if I could open up a similar file in Affinity Designer (even if I have to first export the dwg/dxf file to pdf or svg first) and then have the option to use a flood fill tool in the same way, this would then match a workflow that currently works in Drawplus!

Thank you

cct

Yes, it would be very nice to have LIVE flood fill tool, to fill the area where 2 (or more) objects intersect and automatically refill the area if one object is repositioned.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• 4 months later...

May I bump this topic? I have an idea.

If vector flood fills were to be implemented similar to DrawPlus, there is the worry that there might be gaps. So my idea is to enable the fills to automatically be inserted at the bottom of the layer. That would have the fill underneath the closed-in region instead of on top. So as long as the fill is on the bottom, it would be okay for the refinement (tolerance) to increase a little to avoid any gaps. Whether there is already objects in a layer or nothing in a layer, the flood fills would be programmed to be inserted at the bottom, but it will stay in closed areas for any "visible" layers.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!