You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

I was using Affinity Designer on the Mac since its beta version and then purchased it when it was out of beta. Now for various reasons I have moved back to Windows.

I am trying out the Windows Beta version and I believe a few features are in dire need:

1. A powerful bitmap tracing tool.

2. This tool needs to be available in Affinity Publisher as well.

3. Infinite page size a.la Corel Draw, for billboard artworks etc.

4. Bundle Affinity Photo, Designer & Publisher into one app. Since you already have personas, when you choose pixel persona, all Affinity Photo tools should be made available to the user. Likewise when you choose vector persona, AD tools and add another publisher persona where all the tools necessary for page layout and publishing is made available.

Currently I am on Adobe CC subscription and many times as a designer I have faced issues in choosing the right tool for a project due to many overlapping features in the Adobe toolset. I have always felt Indesign & Illustrator should have been merged into one tool.

Since your product is new, I feel you should consider the option of creating one more product (Affinity Graphic Pro) that bundles photo editing, vector design & page layout segregated on the basis of personas. I am sure it will be a powerful combination and there will be many takers out there for it.

Those who need individual tools, say for photo editing, can buy Affinity Photo. People who need all three, like me, can go for the pro version.

Please do give it some thought.

Regards,

Vijay

Vijay,

I believe that they are working on bringing the ability to vectorize raster images but it is very difficult to do and they said it will take time. I also believe that they said that they are not opposed to offering bundles but right now the Mac store doesn't support it and so for now they don't. When I say "bundle" I mean like a suite, not combine them into one app. The Affinity team has said before that they don't plan on merging the apps into one app. More can be read about it here, https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/11520-combine-publisher-and-designer/. 

Best Regards,

Hokusai

3. Infinite page size a.la Corel Draw, for billboard artworks etc.

4. Bundle Affinity Photo, Designer & Publisher into one app. Since you already have personas, when you choose pixel persona, all Affinity Photo tools should be made available to the user. Likewise when you choose vector persona, AD tools and add another publisher persona where all the tools necessary for page layout and publishing is made available.

3. If you think that CDR has infinite page size, then you must try ACDSee Canvas. They claim that you can work on pages measured in miles and with vectors containing about 2 bilions of nodes.

4. ...  :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)