You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer - Preferences

1. The Preferences Dialog is a bit awkward to use, requiring too many mouse clicks. A categories selection list on the left of a dialog box (like DrawPlus, Photoshop or Clip Studio Paint) would be a much better choice. Remembering the Preference page, and return to it the next time you use Preferences.

2. Make the Move Tool option: Hide Selection while Dragging

a sticky Preference, that is remembered after exiting and restarting AD.

3. The View > Zoom to Fit leaves too much blank useless space around the document. I was told this was an ascetic decision by Mark Ingram. I'd like to request a preference option to reduce this space.

For example, a document at my current screen size (32 inch monitor, 2560 x 1440 resolution) Zoom to Fit sets the zoom level to 49%. Manually adjusting makes it 54%. That's 2 inches horizontal and 1 1/2 inches vertical space wasted. It must be manually changed, since scroll wheel zooming, over or under shoots a good fit. This gets old fast. If it truly fit, I could get the same ascetic vib with a single mouse wheel backwards scroll zoom.

Thanks for listening.

AD 1.5.1.43   /  AP 1.5.0.45

Windows 10 Pro 64bit  -  Intel i7 6700 @ 3.4GHz  -  nVidia GTX 970 4GB  -  32" Monitor 2560x1440  -  32 GB Ram

Another good example of a Preference Dialog (item #1 above) is Affinity Designers own Layer Effects dialog.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit  -  Intel i7 6700 @ 3.4GHz  -  nVidia GTX 970 4GB  -  32" Monitor 2560x1440  -  32 GB Ram

Another request about Preferences. Would you please allow the window to be resized? Working with Keyboard Shortcuts allows the viewing / changing of 6 lines, I would like more.

Thanks!