You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I develop patterns that obey some rules. I rely to illustrator's smart guides to get them the way I need. I set them to the angles needed and I'm ready to go. Is there such feature on Affinity? I'm sending some exemples to illustrate. 

Thanks

post-33676-0-97997100-1468339300_thumb.png

post-33676-0-36095400-1468339378_thumb.png

Where is it? How do I use it?

Go to view/studio/symbols.  Create some type of shape and then select the shape and click on create within the symbols window.  You can then duplicate your shape any number of times, when you double click on one of your shapes within the artboard and rotate it, all duplicate copies of that shape will also rotate. Editing a single shape will change all shapes as well.  I think you will find that you will be able to create some pretty unique patterns this way.

At this point in time, you will just have to play with it in order to figure it out until more documentation is created.

I would suggest to create for the future update guides like in Glyphs (program for type type design). Guides in Glyphs can have different angle. Grid and Axis Manager is ok, but it is useless when it comes to drawing letters. It just doesn't work when you need to drawn somme letters.