You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First project with AD for Windows

Ken Cope

I'm really enjoying this beta. Tried my hand at using AD for a couple of posters for my church and was very pleased with the results (I've been using DrawPlus or PagePlus up until now). Following this success I thought I'd create something for pleasure. I created the bronze image first then changed the background to blue and used Luminance Blend and added noise to the 'Robot'. Here are a couple of jpg's of them. Feedback welcome. :)

post-28493-0-99145400-1468329652_thumb.jpgpost-28493-0-33757500-1468329669_thumb.jpg

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Feedback welcome. :)

Great work, Ken! I like both colour variants, but I think I prefer the 'Robot' without the noise: it really stands out from the background that way.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yes, I agree, Alfred, thanks. Just playing with the tools - the noise makes it almost look like air spray art. :)

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

HI Ken,

Remember me?

Welcome to the world of AD and as ever you have produced a great piece of work for a first effort. AD has a way to go yet before it has all of the DP features. I've been campaigning for many of them for a while now.

I gave up using a Wacom and do everything with a mouse now.

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Hi Jack, of course I remember you - I like your avatar.

Thanks. Yes, it looks like I'll be using DP when I want something that AD doesn't have, but I think I can get around most things with AD.

I tend to flit between the Wacom and the mouse, but with the pressure profiles vector art has become more mouse friendly. I think I'll use the Wacom more for Pixel Persona and AP when it's released - I almost exclusively use the Wacom in PhotoPlus.

Hi Ken,

Great pic, the bronze one is my favourite. You can export your DPP files as PDFs into Affinity ; it's a compromise but it works!

Hope there's more.

Thanks, Peter. With some of my dpp files I have found exporting individual layers as pdfs and importing each layer into a new layer in AD preserves their editability, but not always.

Thanks, Peter. With some of my dpp files I have found exporting individual layers as pdfs and importing each layer into a new layer in AD preserves their editability, but not always.

Yeah, I found that too; especially with smart objects and pre-made shapes.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111