You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I create a into two pieces cutted Word?

Have you tried converting the letters to curves & using boolean subtraction with a rectangle (or whatever) to "cut" them?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Yes, the title sounds (appears strange) strange :)

The thread title only sounds/appears a little strange because of the word order, and the word 'cutted': the past tense of 'cut' is 'cut'. I'm guessing that you're not a native English speaker.

Your question is, "How do I create a word cut into two pieces?" The answer is, "Quite easily, if we had a Knife Tool, but we don't!"

To create the example in the attached file, I typed some text and converted it to curves (Ctrl+Enter). I made a copy of the text and intersected each copy with a four-sided shape (a rectangle with a corner cut off). I then applied a new stroke and fill to make it look a little like the image you supplied.

Beyond.afdesign

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

OK, how about doing this with layer clipping? Attached is a quick & dirty example of what I mean (saved in Mac 1.4.2 format, which I assume will open OK in 1.5.x beta versions). For a prettier version, the "d" needs to be a separate text object or extra spacing added so it can be offset farther to the right, but the basic method seems workable. It also has the advantage of not having to convert any text to curves so everything remains easily editable.

Beyond cut.afdesign

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Fixx, what did you paste inside to get the offset effect?

Affinity Photo 

Just draw two shapes (0 pt stroke) with similar diagonal edge in both in opposing sides. Paste same text inside both and move shapes as you will. Very crude and simple. Lower text contains simple gradient to "shadow".

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all! 

Now I managed to get it done, thanks to your advices and ideas. 

beyond.jpg

Beyond_2.jpg

I converted the Text into curves, made a copy of that group. Then I changed I took a guideline and changed the angle of the text. Then I placed the guideline where I want to have the cut and subtracted then with some rectangles letter for letter. Then I did that on the copied text group (and ungrouped them before doing the substracting). The OUTER SHADOW FX of the upper part (bigger piece of the text) is ok for creating the shadows on the lower piece. But that might look bad in case the text is going to be on background that isn't all black.

@ALFRED 

Indeed English isn't my MUTTERSPRACHE, my fellow Designer from Scotland. Thanks for correcting my question. I had a sleep-deficit when I posted the thread. Insomnia does influence my cognitive abilities in a negative way, especially my verbal articulation and my writing skills. But it does boost my creativity, since it boost my Apophenia and Pareidolia, which comes handy when I use those "visuals" in a painting, design or drawing.