You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tabbing through input box behaviour

Hi,

In (CMYK mode) colour dialog, when I highlight say first input box "C" to enter value and Tab through other input boxes for M, Y & K, it is not possible to enter values straight away. Each input box needs to be manually highlighted to enter values.

Takes some time out. While tabbing through input boxes, the text in input box must be automatically highlighted to accept new values.

This applies to almost all input boxes I guess, like Transform etc

Intel Core i5 3GHZ Quad Core  |  16GB RAM  |  NVIDIA GeForce 2GB  |  27" Full HD LED  |  128GB SSD

Windows 10 64-Bit, Build 19586.420

Takes some time out. While tabbing through input boxes, the text in input box must be automatically highlighted to accept new values.

This is one of my biggest handicaps when trying to migrate my workflow from Adobe apps: tab to input, plus Enter/Return to confirm.

It's a massive timesaver to be able to go to (say) a colour fill and just type 20-TAB-100-TAB-100-TAB-0-ENTER to create and confirm/apply (in this case) a decent CMYK red. You might only think this is a matter of seconds, but I use this input method hundreds of times a day in multiple dialogues and palettes, so those seconds very quickly add up.