You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggested feature enhancement changes

Hi, I'm Gary Bouton, author and mediocre illustrator, and instead of taking my own advice to lurk before posting to get the Lay or The Land, here goes:

• I love the abilitry to use the mouse wheel push to pan the page. Now, can the mouse wheel be set to zoom instead of scrolling, or offer the option? I'm a Windows Guy, apologies in advance, and don't care much for Adobe Illustrator, never have, because it takes something like 5 moves to do something that can be done in 2 in CorelDRAW, and one in Xara Designer. So mouse wheel Zoom as a feature request, please?

• As long as there's a right-click Context menu, do you think you could put anchor (node, connector, knot, the guy a path travels through) changes on the Context menu? You know: cusp, smooth, perhaps even symmetrical? This saves a trip up to the bar on top, and I'm sure I couldn't memorize Ctrl, Alt, Shift, or combinations thereof.

It's an absolutely fantastic "One oh" program, and I love the examples you've chosen from artists to promote the product. The work in one of the biggest reasons I signed up for the Beta!

My Best,

Gary

new-AD-slug.png.458b94d5dc178383711ce27afd725aae.png

Hi, I'm Gary Bouton, author and mediocre illustrator

I'm pleased to 'meet' you, Gary. :)

I guess you're too modest to describe yourself as an award-winning illustrator, not to mention being the designer of numerous CharityWare fonts! Which reminds me, I really ought to install 'Elephants and Bears' on this machine so that I can use it again.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Gary, nice to see you here!

If you have a mouse with a middle button, it is set up to pan the document.

AD 1.5.1.43   /  AP 1.5.0.45

Windows 10 Pro 64bit  -  Intel i7 6700 @ 3.4GHz  -  nVidia GTX 970 4GB  -  32" Monitor 2560x1440  -  32 GB Ram

• 2 months later...

I'm pleased to 'meet' you, Gary. :)

I guess you're too modest to describe yourself as an award-winning illustrator, not to mention being the designer of numerous CharityWare fonts! Which reminds me, I really ought to install 'Elephants and Bears' on this machine so that I can use it again.

All you folks are making me feel very welcome here! Thanks; I feel like I have a new place to hang out.

Wow! Alfred! elephants 'n' Bears was my very second typeface! I think I'm up to 20 now, some of them free, all of them a labor of love.

Speaking of Love, I love, love (and did I mention "love"?) AD. Thank you so much for porting this to Windows!

My Best,

Gary

new-AD-slug.png.458b94d5dc178383711ce27afd725aae.png