You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I chose English as my Affinity Photo UI preferred language. My main OS chosen language, however, is Canadian-French. When I want to access Help from its menu, I get the Canadian-French version, which is not ...helping. Now, I can switch the OS language to English but then the keyboard mapping is all messed up. Any ideas?

• Staff

Hi oldjade,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The help file uses the same language you set in System Preferences. This is a OS X restriction. There isn't much we can do about it.

You can switch the OS X language to English and keep the using the same keyboard input (Canadian French). To add it go to OS X Preferences, Keyboard section, Input Sources tab, click on the plus sign on the list on the left, select French (on the left), then Canadian French - CSA on the right.

Alternatively there's a workaround you can use that may help: If you open Safari and point it directly to the English help file, you can browse its contents in English no matter the OS language you've chosen. Here’s the Help file links (copy/paste to Safari's URL and bookmark them for quick access):

file:///Applications/Affinity%20Designer.app/Contents/Resources/AffinityDesigner.help/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/index.html
file:///Applications/Affinity%20Photo.app/Contents/Resources/AffinityPhoto.help/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/index.html