You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reopen and Recent docs list not working

Hi.

I have the same issue occasionally. 
But I sorted it out in the system preferences>general>recent documents. I sat it to 15 objects.

Somehow, this settings don't always stick.

(I'm not sure I use the right words exactly, because my system is in Norwegian.)

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

BTW, if you rightclick the icon in the dock, the recent documents show up even though they are not in the recent documents list.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

Hi.

I have the same issue occasionally. 

But I sorted it out in the system preferences>general>recent documents. I sat it to 15 objects.

Somehow, this settings don't always stick.

(I'm not sure I use the right words exactly, because my system is in Norwegian.)

Unfortunately, that preference does not exist ?

IQK1ad8AwbXTTyAdlkEIwq8DYcKzGH.png

If you mean the OSX prefs, that was the first thing i checked, and it makes no difference, like i say, it works everywhere else including Affinity Photo.

The Dock icons show up & work as expected for me, using Designer 1.4.2.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I'm not quite sure what you are asking but for example, I can right click or click & hold on the AD dock icon & I get a popup that includes a list of up to ten recently opened documents & a "Show all Windows" item that will display a row of thumbnails of them above the Dock.

The "Reopen document on startup" Affinity preference doesn't do anything, but it never has in any version of the app for me, & I believe that is because I have enabled the System preferences > General > 'Close windows when quitting app' item.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

That beta may not make it to release, they may branch again off 1.4.2, so yes, of course it is a bug, it doesn't stop being a bug until a released version does not have it, i guess you haven't been involved in much testing ;)

You assumption of whether I have done much bug testing is not correct.

I cannot imagine any company regressing to a previous build and beginning again. It's not the method Serif has done in their Plus range of software that I am aware of. But hey, maybe you're right and they do.

That also isn't to say that further builds won't regress with this bug or other bugs. That too has happened in Serif software. But going backwards to a previous build? Haven't seen that in bug testing for any company that I have both alpha and beta tested for since the late 1980s.

Well, then our experience is vastly different.

I would fire a team (or the parties responsible) if they so mucked up successive builds that we had no choice but to revert to a previous beta and begin again with all the bug fixing. Much less go through the database and unmark as fixed all the bugs associated with those successive builds.

I ran a software house for over a decade. That truly is what I would have done with any of the programmers.

I didn't say previous beta, although that happens all the time too, i said starting a new branch from the previous release, not only does it happen all the time, it is actually recommended form when creating new experimental features, maybe the audio world is different to whatever you do, but it happens all the time and it is a great way to work.

Dunno maybe the code we use in audio software is a lot more modular, but you are more than welcome to cme and tell all the audio software developers i test for that they should be sacked, in fact pop over and tell Justin Frankel https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Frankel, probably one of the most famous (Infamous ?) developers of the last twenty years, because he does it on a weekly basis as part of his teams development process, notably known for being the fastest developers in the audio world too, you can catch him at the Reaper forum or at the nullsoft IRC ;)

1.42 = previous beta

1.5x = current beta

Going back to the 1.42 beta, which is what you brought up, would be unforgivable. Which is what I said.

Removing a feature from a current beta, thanks to revision software, to then output a new beta is different and is common practice. But that is way different than reverting to a former beta and beginning all over again with bug fixes is unheard of with any company, be it the one I owned or one that I have tested for.

I think I'm done with this silly conversation.

No it works fine here in Photo and in designer 1.5 beta, but not in 1.4.2, it is most definitely a bug

But it works fine here in 1.4.2, suggesting it is not a bug in the app but something amiss in your system.

Affinity Photo 

1.42 = previous beta

1.5x = current beta

Going back to the 1.42 beta, which is what you brought up, would be unforgivable. Which is what I said.

Removing a feature from a current beta, thanks to revision software, to then output a new beta is different and is common practice. But that is way different than reverting to a former beta and beginning all over again with bug fixes is unheard of with any company, be it the one I owned or one that I have tested for.

I think I'm done with this silly conversation.

1.4.2 is the current release version and i never mentioned previous beta, not surprised you are done ;)