tmakihara

Object-level overprinting

In order to be usable in the printing industry, there needs to object-level overprinting, with separate check boxes for fill and stroke (as in Adobe Illustrator). This includes black objects, as there are definitely circumstances where it is necessary to have black not overprint ("knock out") the underlying objects in order to print correctly.

tmakihara,

Hello and welcome to the forums. I agree with you, this is a "must have " feature for printing. I believe that it was discussed here as well as some other places so hopefully it will be added sometime in the future (and hopefully the near future). https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/780-trapping-controls/?hl=trapping

Best of luck,

Hokusai

I asked for similar features for object level trapping not just overprinting. Should be able to go beyond just a color overprint though you can in most cases get away with color based overprint it does not always yield the best visual results or optimal press requirements. Sometimes you need to choke out objects or spread them.