You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This will likely be judged “off topic; but this is a forum for people who create vector art, hosted by people that create computer tools to create vector graphics. Yet, when I attempted to replace my profile picture with a piece of vector art (.svg) that I created using your tool, I received the message “Incorrect image format”.  

Ok, I understand that your basic web creation package is designed to accept your basic (and primitive) raster graphics; like bmp, gif, jpg, and png. This is just so 1990. (I was there, coding web pages in Notepad.)

Modern browsers of all stripes support vector (.svg) graphics, and both DrawPlus and Affinity do a great job of creating .svg files suitable for web publication. I created a vector logo for my personal web site using both DrawPlus X5 and Affinity, and publish it with WebPlus X8. It shows up perfectly in the browsers I’ve tried, including on my Android tablet, and Android phone.

Those of us involved in creating vector art should all be promoting their use, and pushing the boundaries. I converted the Technical Publication Department where I worked from publishing raster graphics to vector, what, fifteen years ago. (They were drawing vector, and converting to raster for publication. We can all roll our eyes here.)

So, is there a vector graphic in your forum’s future? Join me in pushing the boundaries.

Right, this is way off-topic, and really just a waste of time. 

Serif wrote their own software for this forum, but they have more sense than to waste time and money writing code to support SVG for profile graphics. You can upload a SVG, where it makes sense — to a forum post. Nobody needs to use SVG for a profile picture.  It's just a software forum, not Deviant Art, or a blogging platform. 

Why do you need this? 

Question.svg

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts