I spent a long time looking for this feature (or a similar one) and I was a little disappoint when I didn't find an alternative. I like the way the recolor artwork panel works in Illustrator, I use it mostly for complex multicolored work. I tend to work with more neutral colors or toned down shades that don't strain my eyes and change everything to the final colors when I'm finished. I think every designer and digital artist can benefit from a tool (or a mode of selection) that allows you to adjust color globally. 

Creating illustrations (both abstract minimal ones and more complex works) in AD is a really pleasant and seamless experience and a recolor panel would only further enhance. It'd be great if you added a similar feature. :)

Well there's the adjustments in the layers panel (third icon counting from left) but it's far from the advanced options that the Recolor Artwork function in Illustrator offers. I think there's still some basic tools missing that should be implemented first...                

Well, on the subject, one thing that is absolutely paramount is the ability to set colors as global and being able to edit them. Then, the edited color will be updated all over the document.

Yes, yes... I know. This was already talked about.

It was just a reminder ;-)

I spent a long time looking for this feature (or a similar one) and I was a little disappoint when I didn't find an alternative. I like the way the recolor artwork panel works in Illustrator, I use it mostly for complex multicolored work. I tend to work with more neutral colors or toned down shades that don't strain my eyes and change everything to the final colors when I'm finished. I think every designer and digital artist can benefit from a tool (or a mode of selection) that allows you to adjust color globally. 

Creating illustrations (both abstract minimal ones and more complex works) in AD is a really pleasant and seamless experience and a recolor panel would only further enhance. It'd be great if you added a similar feature. :)

Could somebody advice if this option is going to be available anytime soon please? I really think is a great tool in AI. Thanks!

I need this feature too. It is very important to speed up the workflow.

I have my infographic CV made in AD with a limited number of colors and now I want to change the colors of text and backgrounds and I'll have a lot of work because I have to select one by one... With this feature would be much easier!

More options in the Select Menu (select same fill, stroke, etc.) will help too!