You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Recolor panel

I spent a long time looking for this feature (or a similar one) and I was a little disappoint when I didn't find an alternative. I like the way the recolor artwork panel works in Illustrator, I use it mostly for complex multicolored work. I tend to work with more neutral colors or toned down shades that don't strain my eyes and change everything to the final colors when I'm finished. I think every designer and digital artist can benefit from a tool (or a mode of selection) that allows you to adjust color globally. 

Creating illustrations (both abstract minimal ones and more complex works) in AD is a really pleasant and seamless experience and a recolor panel would only further enhance. It'd be great if you added a similar feature. :)

• Staff

Well there's the adjustments in the layers panel (third icon counting from left) but it's far from the advanced options that the Recolor Artwork function in Illustrator offers. I think there's still some basic tools missing that should be implemented first...                

• 9 months later...

I spent a long time looking for this feature (or a similar one) and I was a little disappoint when I didn't find an alternative. I like the way the recolor artwork panel works in Illustrator, I use it mostly for complex multicolored work. I tend to work with more neutral colors or toned down shades that don't strain my eyes and change everything to the final colors when I'm finished. I think every designer and digital artist can benefit from a tool (or a mode of selection) that allows you to adjust color globally. 

Creating illustrations (both abstract minimal ones and more complex works) in AD is a really pleasant and seamless experience and a recolor panel would only further enhance. It'd be great if you added a similar feature. :)

Could somebody advice if this option is going to be available anytime soon please? I really think is a great tool in AI. Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I need this feature too. It is very important to speed up the workflow.

I have my infographic CV made in AD with a limited number of colors and now I want to change the colors of text and backgrounds and I'll have a lot of work because I have to select one by one... With this feature would be much easier!

More options in the Select Menu (select same fill, stroke, etc.) will help too!