You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Oooooooo I'ts getting closer

I've just done a CD jewel case and onbody job in Designer which I've always used InDesign for, but just found some niggles TEXT: When starting a job I like to supply picky clients with a font choice sheet, where I'll take a few lines of text and select a font then Alt/shift/drag to duplicate then click on the font panel to cycle through the fonts to find something else thats fitting in style with the job but this is a bit of an headache in designer as when clicking in the font panel it brings up the font preview and starts from recent fonts at the top AAAAAAGGGHH I know this is all a bit picky but it's been a part of the workflows of all the companies I've worked for over the past 15 years - it would just be so handy to select the text box containing the text you want to change -go to the font panel and scroll down with the arrow keys alphabetically from where you left off and without the font preview showing - It would also be handy to be able to switch off the recent fonts as in Indesign  - Better still, I've not used Quark for around ten years but I remember there was a shortcut for cycling through fonts where you select the text box and use a key combination plus the +/- keys (could have been the arrows) to cycle through different fonts which would work in full screen mode - I'm a bit disappointed that text size, leading, tracking, baseline etc. can't be modified with the arrow keys also - still no glyphs panel - I still have to go to Illustrator for most of my vector illustration for the blob brush, Mesh warp, free distort, multiple fills and strokes to groups which is a massive time saver - It's also a real niggle that you can't view bleed on the page or have off page guides plus a printable slug area for custom info / spot colours / Cutter dies - I also had problems with a CD duplication house pdf spec template: designer wouldn't let me save a PDF - I've since traced it down to custom non printable spot colours on the supplied Template - 

Loving where it's going with the 1.5 beta but just pine-ing for the above

On a smile-ire note, I'm now using Photo for 80 percent of my photo/raster work which is ACE, clipping paths should be easier to create though

Can't wait for Publisher

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk