You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In CorelDraw I can import a bitmap (say a JPG logo which has been copied so many times that it is long past the scruffy stage) and TRACE it. This function finds the edges and creates objects from them. It approximates the colours of fills and the end result is a vector graphic which can be edited back to its original condition. Also very useful for creating vector graphics from scanned drawings. 

This feature is essential for more than half the vector graphics I create. Please put it on your ToDo list. 

Just to add my voice here, I also would really like a trace feature, but it needs to be done right! I have tried similar trace features on other design programs in the past and they are often pretty poor at best. But knowing how Serif works, I have no doubt that it will be done right!