You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In CorelDraw I can import a bitmap (say a JPG logo which has been copied so many times that it is long past the scruffy stage) and TRACE it. This function finds the edges and creates objects from them. It approximates the colours of fills and the end result is a vector graphic which can be edited back to its original condition. Also very useful for creating vector graphics from scanned drawings. 

Does AD have anything like this?  - I can't see any references in the Help system (which has a lovely UI!)

Which reminds me that I can't find any import options from Twain or WIA sources.

Does AD have anything like this?    - I can't see any references in the Help system (which has a lovely UI!)

• Staff

Hi Ralph,

Tracing is a feature that has been asked for countless times. It's something we are definitely considering however it isn't currently on the roadmap:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/842-affinity-designer-feature-roadmap/

Scanning has also been requested however I can't comment on the likelihood of this. It's available in Photo but that's only on the Mac at the moment.

Please feel free to add your comments to the feature request section though as it will not go unheard. Cheers :)

Scanning has been a pain-in-the fundament issue for Serif Photoplus users with WIndows 64-bit systems. It doesn't help when companies like Canon are unhelpful in updating drivers. I can cope without Affinity scanning directly as long as there is a way to scan and get the image to Affinity, perhaps via a third party's software. It looks athough you could just use Microsoft Paint for convenience.

• 1 year later...