You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just downloaded affinity and the first thing I tried was to get the font size bigger as its too small for my eyes

Either it doesn't actually change when chosen larger in prefs (after restart) or the cha age is too small to make much difference
Am I doing something wrong or should it be larger than It seems

In Photoshop the UI font size is  set to the largest and is OK for me

Using 27" iMac

screenshot actually looks clearer than in the app but I think thats because its directly in front of eye not to the far right of the screen.

I can see it, but it is not easy on the eye I have to squint very slightly

Yes I could get new glasses but my point really is that the font size is OK in Photoshop so please could those of us who have  ageing eyesight have larger UI font please

Also I don't need new glasses don't  for anything else as I can see all my other programs  UI just fine(Lightroom photoshop , Aurora, etc
thanks

post-5387-0-84907700-1467929588_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

@ Simons.pictures:

I sort of have the same issue with Affinity, my (very) old eyes, & my 27" iMac. However, while it is still annoying to have to squint or move my head closer to the screen than normal to read the UI text, after using the app for a while I don't need to do that very often because I know what most of it is. The only time it is still much of an issue is for reading layer names & identifiers like "(Curve)" since they are different for every document.

Fiddling with the UI gamma helps some, because more than the size it is the low contrast that makes the text hard to read.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7