You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrong zoom origin / center

Hi, 

just noticed a bug where zooming with Ctrl-Space and moving left and right with the mouse while pressing the left mouse button has a wrong zoom origin / center. It's always somewhere on the right side instead the mouse pointer being the center. 

Hope you know what I mean, describing it is a bit confusing.  :lol:

Hi Wiredframe

This seems fine to me, the zoom tool uses dragging from left to right instead of a marquee which you find in other apps. Takes a bit of getting used to but it, as you are dragging the cursor to change zoom it's hard to centre around it's position exactly

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I've also made a quick video to show the behavior of the bug. Hope that you have a look at it    ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwAMrf8zc3tyMFVKUEF6R3oxT1U/view?usp=sharing

By the way: This bug is not present in Affinity Photo  :)

EDIT: The zooming behavior changes somehow (unexplainable) when hiding the Studio panels:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwAMrf8zc3tyaDFYcmpyVmxreWc/view?usp=sharing

• Staff

I'm not completely sure how this got broken, but it's just simply zooming about the point flipped in the Y axis... It's something that has been introduced in the Affinity 1.5 code. Affinity Photo is only publicly available as version 1.4.2, so that's why it appears to work unlike Designer 1.5 Beta. If I built a Photo 1.5 it would also be broken...

I'll try to get this sorted, thanks for the reports :)

Matt

• 10 months later...

If doing a large picture and really zooming in for "Fine" adjustments, this behavior is a pain with scrolling Left/Right.

IF it is a bug or not, then maybe a "Feature Request" to zoom in on center mouse point?

For instance:  say I have a pic for printing 8.5" x 11" and I place the mouse pointer over the area I want to zoom in on to edit, as it stand now I would have to muse scroll  (my preference) THEN scroll Left/Right.

I would be nice to place mouse over are to edit, zoom in and that area be center screen with no scrolling Left/Right

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.