Another nice set Paolo. Cheers!!

I noticed in AP when you select one of those new brushes it automatically picks the correct brush tool type (paint brush or pixel tool). This is great and expected behaviour. However it doesn't have the same behaviour in AD (1.5). I still need to additionally choose the correct tool type.

Ideally all brushes in both apps should automatically pick the correct tool type as the default, no?

Another nice set Paolo. Cheers!!

I noticed in AP when you select one of those new brushes it automatically picks the correct brush tool type (paint brush or pixel tool). This is great and expected behaviour. However it doesn't have the same behaviour in AD (1.5). I still need to additionally choose the correct tool type.

Ideally all brushes in both apps should automatically pick the correct tool type as the default, no?

Yes I know.

Personally I like this preset binding, because makes ux pretty fast and consistent.

For the AD usage I suggest to consider the icon as a "suggested tool" hint, since the cats bake it in AD too.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

HI I have a problem with loading brush on mu MBP ( OSX 10.10.5) in AP 1.4.2 . i was trying drag&drop and load function but all the time I get a error window with communicate "Unexpected Brush Format. Failed to load file DAUB Concept Tools PRO.afbrushes   Can you advice what to do ?

Thank you so much :)

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia gtx 960m 4k uhd 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

Hi,

thanks fot  this nice gift, but brush pack is throwing up an error when importing into the AD Windows beta release (1.5.0.5).

Welcome piotreq!  :)

This is a known issue. As per our blog post, currently the only way to import brushes into the AD Windows beta is by using the 'Import Brushes' option, which is available in the Panel Preferences of the Brush Panel.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused, we hope to get this fixed soon!

Welcome piotreq!  :)

This is a known issue. As per our blog post, currently the only way to import brushes into the AD Windows beta is by using the 'Import Brushes' option, which is available in the Panel Preferences of the Brush Panel.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused, we hope to get this fixed soon!

I'm getting an error even when using this method.

Hi meachp,

Which error are you getting? They seem to be importing correctly for me here as @KateM described.

Note that those brushes are only available in the Brushes panel in Pixel Persona (menu File ▸ Personas ▸ Pixel). You can't access them trought the Brushes panel in Draw Persona.

Hi MEB, I was getting the message "error loading brushes" when trying to import them.  I just tried switching to the Pixel Persona first and they imported fine. Sorry for the confusion - I see I have lots to learn here!

Thank you so much Paolo, your brushes made all the difference although I soon got the urge to tweak a bit :) Once I am done I have probably tweaked back to your original settings, heh :) Again, great work!

It is perfectly understandable... You're not alone.  :)

My brushes are always intended as an inspiration, giving you the option to fit your needs.

Almost all the professionals I work with give me precious hints, and even if it happens sometimes, it is always challenging to obtain the perfect tool for everybody.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Update!  ;)

affinity.serif.com/blog/

Thank you,

this is highly appreciated!

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 (beta 1.7.1.390) - Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 (beta 1.7.1.390) - Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7 - Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77    ...    Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.399

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil