Hi Sheldonkennedy,

Welcome to the Forums :)

It isn't possible to choose which parts of History you want it to record and which parts you don't I'm afraid. However I do think this would make a good edition to the app I recommend making a post about this in our Feature Requests section :)

C

On a related note, I don't think making a selection on a newly opened document should cause that document to be marked as '[Modified]' unless the user has enabled 'Save With History'.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I've only just rediscovered this thread (via the 'New content > Items I participated in' filter). Perhaps I should clarify what I was trying to say in my previous post.

When you make a selection, whether it takes you half a day or half a minute, you end up with a selection marquee in your document. If you've enabled 'Save With History', then the steps to making that selection will be saved with the document, so it makes sense for the document to be marked as '[Modified]' until you've saved it again. If, however, you haven't enabled that option, then saving the document and reopening it will give you the original image without a selection marquee, so you haven't saved any useful changes.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)