You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SAVE FAILED BECAUSE THE FILE COULD NOT BE WRITTEN TO...

• Staff

Hi Evtonic3,

The error message in the title of this thread doesn't seem complete, would it be possible for you to attach a screenshot of the error message you are receiving? In regards to your second post could you try saving it to a new file name to see if that gives you any errors?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Error 28 - no space left on disc.  Is your disk full?

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• 8 months later...

Hello. I've downloaded a trial version of affinity designer 3 days ago. I have been saving my work as I go, but I'm no longer to save, as I keep getting this message:

Save failed because the file could not be written to. Please help. I don't know much about problem solving on computers, so I hope I'm not doomed. Is there a tech support I can call? Thanks again. 

Hi eliza s & welcome to the forums.  :)

There are two versions of Affinity Designer, one for Macs & the other for PCs. Which one are you trying out? Where are you trying to save the file (like to an external drive, to one of your user folders, etc.)? Is there anything else said in the error message, like a code number or such?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 6 months later...

This just happened to me, too. There was no other error message. My disk space was almost gone, mysteriously - it's been going crazy up and down lately making it impossible to work. How does an iMac hard drive go from 19GB to 128MB in seconds, with nothing going on on my part? I've cleared up hard drive space, but the file still won't save and won't let me save as in another location. Any tips welcome - I've looked up the problem but haven't found anything yet in Apple land.

BTW there was no code number, nothing else in the error message except "save failed because the file could not be written to"

MacBook Pro 15" 32GB RAM, iPad Pro 12.9" + Magic Keyboard, Apple Pencil.  Software tools of my trade: Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | PDF Expert | Drafts | The Archive | Plutio  

https://eandrpublications.com.au