You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, Does anybody know if its possible to create in Affinity the same kind of 3D objects I could create in SKetchUP (I don't own Sketchup and don't know it) - only have Affinity - so that I could include these 3D shapes into my interior design software, Live Interior 3D Standard. Please see image of the kind of shapes I need to make. If possible, what format doI export them as and how would I make these shapes... Thank you!

Shapes.pdf

• Staff

Hi LisaE,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can't create 3D objects in Affinity Designer as it's a 2D application.

You can only create 2D shapes in Affinity, then you have to export  as PDF or EPS to SketchUp to extrude them (give them "height") as in your example.

Note that only SketchUp Pro is able to import PDF and EPS (and EPS must be converted to a CAD format like DWG, or DXF - it can't be used directly).