You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot open PagePlus (.ppp) files

It's intentional, Even Affinity Publisher, when it comes out, will not open PagePlus files. Far too much work would be needed to support every feature that PagePlus has. 

Affinity Designer is a vector drawing package, like DrawPlus, but it does not open DrawPlus files either. Export drawings as SVG or PDF, and open those in Affinity Designer. 

I suspect that it will be some years before Affinity Publisher for Windows will be released, and even then it may not have all of the features of PagePlus, which has been developed for 20 years. 

Just Some of the Features in PP not supported in AD

• Footnotes and Endnotes
  • Text columns
  • Text flow between frames
  • Index marks
  • TOC and Index
  • Tables and Calendars, etc.

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

David, Affinity Designer is not the "replacement" for PagePlus, but rather for DrawPlus.

Affinity Publisher is intended for that role but is still quite a long way away, certainly well into next year I believe.  However, even then it seems highly unlikely that native PP files will directly import to Affinity Publisher.

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.