I am completely new to Affinity Photo, having used Corel Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop Elements previously.

How do I partially rotate the image canvas by a specified fraction of a degree prior to cropping?

Regards, Martin.

I have looked through all of the videos and I haven't been able to find one that addresses masking a complex object such as a tree or object that has lots of undesired background within the borders of the object itself.  I have an image that needs to have the transfer of a tree from another image and replace the background.  It's a similar operation as the existing process in the video "Compositing Landscapes" I believe, except for the capture of the complex masking required.  Any suggestions as to where to look??

Hi Iam1of2,
Depending on the image's colors and contrast between foreground and background objects there may be other techniques you can use but overall using the Refine Selection dialog should help refining complex selections. Take a look at this video tutorial (Refining Selections) for more details.

I attempted the mask capture using your suggestion, and I have to say I was strongly impressed with the results and the ease of completing the process.  I consider the solution to my original inquiry fully satisfied.  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.