You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Delete Empty Text Blocks

Freehand had the option to: Xtras > Delete > Empty Text Blocks

Basically cleaned up all those empty text boxes that get created when you have the text tool selected and accidentally create a text box by clicking/dragging on the page.

These sometimes appear as small crosses/boxes* on a PDF.

Can accidentally get grouped with other objects on the page making the group larger than necessary.

Can get selected when dragging a marquee and end up in places you hadn't intended.

General pain in the backside.

Thanks

I think I'm just making a better attempt at trying to break it  :)

I'm using the "Text Frame" as my default (small pop-out on the tool box) - not really getting the point of 2 separate text frames (Art text tool) - maybe I need to read more about it.

Text Frame has the potential to create millions of empty text boxes!

The Frame text tool doesn't create empty frames for each click. You have to drag with it. It's the same as our other creation tools in that. What do you do when you accidentally create a shape by dragging with the Shape tool? I usually hit Undo immediately to get rid of it. I do the same to get rid of unwanted text frames.

Can you post an example Designer file that has empty text frames that produce boxes or crosses when you export to PDF? They shouldn't produce anything in the PDF that wasn't in the view, so that sounds like a bug.