You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Document set up anomaly

• Staff

Hi Ralph,

Sorry for the delay it took me a little bit of time to realise what is going on. The Pencil Tool and Vector Brush Tool drawn shapes in 'Emboss01' have a 25% or so transparency applied to them which is why the 3D Effect looks different to the other objects. I've checked with the developers and this is the intended behaviour when transparency is added to a Fill.

Hi Sean,

You guys are always so quick that I was beginning to wonder if I'd offended you :)  :)

The sidebar of my copy of 'Emboss01' says "Fill opacity 100%" for both Pencil & Vector Brush tools - back to you :) 

My other (not very well articulated) point is that documents set up using type "Print (Press-Ready)" from the drop down list do not exhibit this effect ('Emboss02').

Maybe you could look at this too. 

Thanks

• Staff

Was you checking this on the Colour Tab? See my attached GIF for a video of me opening your Emboss01 file and see where the Opacity is not set to 100%. Although I haven't done this with Emboss02 all 4 objects have that Colour Tab opacity set to 100%.

post-37-0-67856200-1467721200_thumb.gif

Gotcha!

I was looking at the wrong 'Fill opacity' data - the 'Effects' tab. I understand the thinking now. I hope the tutorials will explain it well when they are written - it's a very imaginative feature but not something I would ever find without direction.

On 'Emboss02' the Colour opacity is set to 100%. Reducing the opacity creates the same effect so AD is working entirely consistently.

Thanks again. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.