You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it possible to import brushes from photoshop? For example there are tons of brush collections on the web we might have gotten for photoshop that we might want to use in AD. Or even better to create a brush from an object we created? This might be useful when we want to use specific designed brushes. 

For example I was able to import the included brush into pixelmator or photoshop...but unable in AD. 

http://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/48401-herb-a-poils-grass-brushes-chapter-2-camisole-pictures-brushes

• Staff

It's not possible to convert an object to a brush at the moment. However, you can export your object as a raster image, such as PNG, and then create a New Textured Image Brush using the exported image.

To do this, go to the Brushes Panel and right click on an existing brush. Select New Textured Image Brush and select your image. Your brush will now appear at the bottom of the list. You can edit your brush by right clicking it and selecting Edit Brush...

Is it possible to import brushes from photoshop? For example there are tons of brush collections on the web we might have gotten for photoshop that we might want to use in AD. Or even better to create a brush from an object we created? This might be useful when we want to use specific designed brushes. 

For example I was able to import the included brush into pixelmator or photoshop...but unable in AD. 

http://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/48401-herb-a-poils-grass-brushes-chapter-2-camisole-pictures-brushes

If you have a PC (or Parallels/Fusion/VirtualBox ecc...) you can use abrMate (free) which converts your PS ABR nibs to PNG, that you can use in AD

http://www.texturemate.com/abrMate

For OSX the native solution is BrushPilot even if is not so cheap...

http://www.brushpilotapp.com

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Brush Pilot is a good app for making PNGs out of Photoshop brushes. I use it a lot in making custom brushes for Manga Studio.

Good link to the sale, Ronnie McB! Mighty Deals often has deals for fonts at a (great) savings. Saved me a lotta loot!

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• 9 months later...

Great, just to confirm about the mighty deal : it works fine, I had a doubt, but I purchased it, imported the .abr and exported it to png, it gives you a folder with all the png images from the .abr. 

Perfect, thanks for the link.

I have transformed some of my Ps brushes into an abr. file following this tutorial instructions. It is without any voice and the layout is in Spanish but I feel you can follow it without problems. Once you get your .abr files in your desktop you can easily import them into the Affinity pixel brushes palette, Give a try!!!!!!!. Of course as raster brushes.

Rosa