You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Separated Mode not available from Window menu

The Window menu doesn't seem to have any options, it simply drops down a list of the Views that I've opened. Therefore, Separated Mode isn't available from the Window menu.

The only way to separate is to open two or more Views and then drag their tabs into the workspace.

While a separated view usually is not liked a lot in windows (Gimp had to go "Photoshop" single window to get more acceptance on windows) it may be nice (and is very common) to float menues to get them out of the way esp. in a multi monitor setup... 

• 2 weeks later...

My main concern is that I enormously prefer the toolbar at the bottom for my setup. If I could have an option for that I wouldn't mind. If there's a way and I haven't discovered it yet please someone let me know :) additionally because I use a trackball, moving the cursor towards the bottom is much faster than the top so it makes the experience faster and the toolbar more useful since I don't get upset climbing up there everytime :D

• 4 months later...

Floating studio-palettes, images and the undocked tools and moving them to a 2nd monitor works by now in both designer final and photo beta - which is what I was concerned about. These elements are by default not constrained to the app-window any more. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.