You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why AERO is really important?

Hi guys,

I wonder why Aero is really important as a performance factor? I am sure there many people out there who uses win7 disable aero feature BECAUSE of performance.

It increases the RAM usage of OS.

However you guys are saying you really really really really need our system is using aero theme. It makes me confused.

Can you please give us more details if it's not kind of secret?

I am using AffDes without aero and still did not face any problems yet. (May be i will)

Win 10 Home - 64 Bit on Asus X55A (original specs except SSD)

I wonder why Aero is really important as a performance factor? I am sure there many people out there who uses win7 disable aero feature BECAUSE of performance.

I have to ask: really? Maybe this was true when updating a WinXP era machine to Vista. I'm 99.999% sure that it has zero effect on performance unless one's running on a toaster ;)

When you disable Aero it uses a different graphics driver, not the normal one from Nvidea or AMD. In internal testing we discovered rendering problems and performance issues. If you choose to ignore the warning, that is fine, the app will still run, but you will get a much poorer experience.

• 4 months later...

Alan:  I switched to Aero, started Affinity Photo, then switched desktop back to non-Aero "classic" windows theme, and Affinity Photo seem to run the same as if I use the Aero theme.  I am using Win 7/64 with Firepro display card, and most recent AMD drivers. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.