You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grid and snapping Axis - Advanced not working

In "Grid and snapping Axis" "Advanced" button is 'permanently' pressed - no advanced options, however, are visible/accessible  (I am comparing it to Mac version).  I guess the feature is missing in beta :)

Edit: My mistake; you have to unmark the "Use automatic grid" :(

Is the Grid and Axis Manager supposed to be fully functional in 1.5.0.4, or is much of its functionality not yet active?

For example, there seems to be only one Dimetric setup and its parameters are not editable. I cannot change the First Axis angle. Also, its Spacing field will not accept values less than 1, even though the slider implies that it should (and I certainly hope it will).

The grids (and plane set) it creates do not result in proper proportion. A cube drawn according to its settings is too short in the vertical axis. Since the "First Axis" Spacing (axis measure) is set to 1 and its angle is set to 15°, then the "Up axis" spacing should automatically preset to around 1.31.)

But since I cannot change the Angle, I can't test other setups.

As I recall, the 3D Planes feature in DrawPlus do not result in this disproportion (but don't have it installed on this machine, so will have to compare later).

Also, a tiny thing, but noticed a typo in the interface: "Axis" is capitalized in the headings for "First Axis" and "Second Axis", but is not for "Up axis".

JET

• 1 year later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.