You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer on Windows (1.5.0.4)

Hello

Can’t run this any longer. Worked fine for a day, now won’t start. I get the initial logo, then it dies. I’ve done a system restore and a system clean up and re-installed Affinity, but still won’t start.

Any ideas?

Best wishes

Dave

After instaling AD on mine PC got error while starting. Even startup logo didn't show. On my laptop is working fine (dunno if version .4 or .2).

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Designer.exe
  Application Version: 1.5.0.4
  Application Timestamp: 577681c0
  Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.19045
  Fault Module Timestamp: 56259271
  Exception Code: e0434352
  Exception Offset: 000000000000b3dd
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1045
  Additional Information 1: 7ccb
  Additional Information 2: 7ccb2fa98342573c8a26d5624a3b51e6
  Additional Information 3: bbcd
  Additional Information 4: bbcd452c2d499c0cc8e682260210610b

System: Wind 7 Pro x64 SP1
Ram: 6GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ - 3,10 GHz

And strangely there is no Serif folder in %APPDATA%
sss

Just upgraded to version 1.5.0.4 on my laptop and is working (laptop with Win 10). But still get this error on PC in work, even tried to instal it in other location. Every solution that I hoped will work, went to nothing. 

Right now AD is instaled inside C:/Serif/

Maybe you have any options that can help?

Possible Bug: with the Sliders on CMYK it is maxing out at 255 and not 100.

Its show as digital not as %. Maybe in options is a way to change how its it showing. Right now I'm in work w/o AD so couldn't check this option

Its show as digital not as %. Maybe in options is a way to change how its it showing. Right now I'm in work w/o AD so couldn't check this option

Well It was working up to yesterday, I loaded it this morning and it started to happen. Looked in the preferences, no way to change it.

• Staff

Possible Bug: with the Sliders on CMYK it is maxing out at 255 and not 100.

Hi Kirknurse,

It is actually possible to switch between CMYK Percentage (default setting) and a 8-bit value. With CMYK sliders set you can click the menu button to the top right of the Colour tab and select 'Percentage'. See my attached screenshot.

post-37-0-07794300-1467726697_thumb.png

Hi Kirknurse,

It is actually possible to switch between CMYK Percentage (default setting) and a 8-bit value. With CMYK sliders set you can click the menu button to the top right of the Colour tab and select 'Percentage'. See my attached screenshot.

Thank you. However, Mine does not display the same see attached.

post-32064-0-00564300-1467728587_thumb.jpg

• Staff

That is very peculiar. What OS and resolution are you using? Also could you attach the file that the issue occurs in to the thread please and then see if you get those options on a new document.

That is very peculiar. What OS and resolution are you using? Also could you attach the file that the issue occurs in to the thread please and then see if you get those options on a new document.

Additionally, it opens on default like this, as I mentioned before It was working great yesterday

• Staff

I'm still getting both the 8-bit and Percentage options when I change the dropdown from Greyscale to CMYK. Could you close Affinity down and go to %appdata%\Serif\ and rename the Affinity Designer and Affinity Common files (putting the word 'temp' at the start of each is fine). Once you've done that hold down Ctrl and double click the Affinity Shortcut. In the Clear user data dialog click 'Select All' and then click 'Clear' and see if that solves the issue.

If that does solve the issue could you create a zip file of those two renamed folders in %appdata% and upload to Dropbox/WeTransfer or similar service and PM me a link please. It could be something has gone wrong in your user data, so I maybe able to pass that on to the developers to take a look into!.

Thanks!

Hi Laurentia, the settings should be stored in the %APPDATA%\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta)\Settings folder. Is this folder empty for you?

Hi,

exact, this directory is full. But it's strange, the file ColourProfilePreferences.xml is rewritten well but after relaunch, it is not used (see the screencopy). AD reuse the default settings.

(Sorry for my bad english).

Capture-1.jpg

Of course, the new profiles are already installed on the computer.

I see 3 curious characters in the begin of the xml file ...

Hi Guys, Just joined the Beta, with the new update. Installed without any problems at all on my Windows 8.1 computer.

How does the update system work. Is it a complete new build every time, or with there be a patch every so often.

Also i do-not see an update icon butten with in the program, will there going to be one when the beta is over? 

• Staff

Go to your nickname on the top of the forum (right below the Affinity logo) and select My Content or click on View New Content on the top right (below the search input field) and select the options you want from the menu on the left - on the bottom you have options to see only the items you follow, participated or started.

You can also follow specific topics you may have not started or participated clicking on the Follow this topic button on the top right of a thread - you will receive a notification by mail every time someone replies to that thread,

Hope this helps.

Hi People,

I'm using version 1.5.0.4 and It's amazing !!!

But I have some problems with special characters in pt-br (Brazilian).

Some combinations doesn't work well. Example: "~" + "ao" should be ão, but shows like ~ao or ~ão

Occurs the same with "^", "´" and "`".

But, when I write on Textpad/Notepad and copy/paste into AD, all shows ok.

Thats it.

See the printscreen here.

This is the problem I am having. Whenever I go to choose a font when editing text, Affinity Designer crashes. Will the next update for Affinity Designer Windows beta address this issue?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.