You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer on Windows (1.5.0.4)

In version 1.5.0.4 the View menu entries that customise the left toolbar, make it float or access the full screen view are not displayed.

Applying keyboard shortcuts to those actions (Dock Tools, Customise Toolbar... and Toggle UI) shows they are still available and working.

Update (Mon 4 July):

I’m back using my 1920 x 1080 px monitor and the missing menu items are now displayed. The size of the (laptop) screen where they don’t display is 1366 x 768 px.

v2.4.1 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.4.1

Steve,

Sorry about that! Looks like something about your Windows setup is different to what we expected to install into - could you give us a few more details (especially software details - Windows version, localisation / language, have you installed all available Windows updates, do you have any developer tools installed, etc.)?

This appears to be a software environment problem - one which we have not seen before..

Thanks again,

Andy.

Andy,

My CrashReport .dmp file attached (\AppData\Roaming\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports)

Hope this helps?

dump.zip

Sorry, my english is rather bad, so i hope, someone will translate this posting :-)

Ich habe zum Testen eine Datei mit mehreren Layern erstellt (siehe angehängten Screenshot). Wenn ich Affinity Designer mit der onboard Grafikkarte (Intel HD Graphics) starte, funktioniert alles bisher einwandfrei. Starte ich Affinity Designer mit der Standard Grafikkarte (Nvidia s. u.) und öffne die Datei, hängt sich mein Rechner beim mehrfachen ein- und auszoomen grundsätzlich auf. Mal gibt es überhaupt keine Fehlermeldung, Mal bekomme ich die Fehlermeldung "Der Anzeigentreiber wurde nach einem Fehler wieder hergestellt". Ein Bluescreen war auch dabei. Außerdem erhielt ich folgende Meldungen: "An unhandled exception has occured. Code: 0xE06D7363". Eine weitere Meldung lautete ungefähr: "An exception error has occured: Code 0x000005". Im Ordner \AppData\Roaming\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports finden sich übrigens keine Einträge.

I hope you'll find a solution, because I love this software!

Sytem:

Dell Inspiron i7-7737 (with Touchscreen)

Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 (Build 10586.456)

Intel Core i7-4510U

16 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GT750M (Driver 10.18.13.6839)

Google Translate:

I have created to test a file with multiple layers (see attached screenshot). When I start Affinity Designer with the onboard graphics card (Intel HD Graphics), everything works perfectly so far. Start I Affinity designer with the standard graphics card (Nvidia s. U.) And open the file, my computer hangs when multiple zoom in and out on principle. Time there is no error message, time I get the error message "The display driver has been prepared after a fault". A blue screen was also there. In addition, I received the following message: "An unhandled exception has occured Code:. 0xE06D7363". Another message went something like: "An exception error has occured: Code 0x000005". In \ AppData \ Roaming \ Serif \ Affinity Designer \ 1.0 (beta) \ Crash Reports folder to find the way yet.

post-31889-0-16840700-1467578418_thumb.jpg

Hi I've updated beta to version 1.5.0.4, still having issues with AERO being disabled when launching the app and with some tools like the pencil, vector, pen & the shapes. Please refer to the below video showing the cursor far from the actual lines being drawn. As for the pen same issue where plotting the points/nodes is off where the cursor is located making it difficult to link to other points. For the shapes difficulties with grabbing the nodes are offset. Win7 64bit ATI RADEON HD 6490M laptop

https://www.facebook.com/john.constantin.sawan/videos/1177434445610890/

Hi I've updated beta to version 1.5.0.4, still having issues with AERO being disabled when launching the app and with some tools like the pencil, vector, pen & the shapes. Please refer to the below video showing the cursor far from the actual lines being drawn. As for the pen same issue where plotting the points/nodes is off where the cursor is located making it difficult to link to other points. For the shapes difficulties with grabbing the nodes are offset. Win7 64bit ATI RADEON HD 6490M laptop

https://www.facebook.com/john.constantin.sawan/videos/1177434445610890/

Hi John, it looks like you have Aero disabled, unfortunately we don't support installations where Aero is disabled (you should have got a warning when you started the application), as it uses a different graphics driver which can cause rendering problems and severe performance problems.

Hello,

...a solution to the error

Gpu Quadro 600 driver Version:368.39  WHQL

Release Date: 2016.6.7

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit 

Language: English (US)

Logged with Microsoft account everything works well and system is up to date.

Affinity designer no wanted to start ...image

Andy,

My CrashReport .dmp file attached (\AppData\Roaming\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports)

Hope this helps?

I've just added in some code which should help. I can't reproduce the issue here, so it's a little bit hit and miss, but I'll add it for the next build and we'll see how we get on.

Working with GROUPING in the ADVENTURE RIDE document, I am finding that when I group the worm (already grouped by itself) with the cast shadow, the entire group takes on the characteristics of the shadow. When I ungroup this new group, the worm remains faded and partially transparent. I am attaching two files, one with the WORM grouped by itself and the other with the WORM grouped with the cast shadow.

Also in version 1.5.0.4 I have found that Affinity does not display correctly with multiple monitors. When dragging the Affinity window to the second monitor screen, the STUDIO menu disappears along with the MINIMIZE, MAXIMIZE and CLOSE gadgets in the upper right of the screen. Additionally the ASSETS when displayed and Show As List is selected, going back unselecting Show As List leaves large gaps between the ASSETS in the left menu area. The problem remains until the program is closed and restarted.

ADVENTURE RIDE_WORM.afdesign

ADVENTURE RIDE_WORM GROUPED.afdesign

After instaling AD on mine PC got error while starting. Even startup logo didn't show. On my laptop is working fine (dunno if version .4 or .2).

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Designer.exe
  Application Version: 1.5.0.4
  Application Timestamp: 577681c0
  Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.19045
  Fault Module Timestamp: 56259271
  Exception Code: e0434352
  Exception Offset: 000000000000b3dd
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1045
  Additional Information 1: 7ccb
  Additional Information 2: 7ccb2fa98342573c8a26d5624a3b51e6
  Additional Information 3: bbcd
  Additional Information 4: bbcd452c2d499c0cc8e682260210610b

System: Wind 7 Pro x64 SP1
Ram: 6GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ - 3,10 GHz

And strangely there is no Serif folder in %APPDATA%
sss

After the update also have errors in action:
An unhandled exception has occurred. Code: 0xc0000005

Windows 10 64 Bit

Graphic AMD Radeon

Polish language

All the update installed.

By the way, you can not enter text using polish characters such as: óćńżź etc.
(google translate sorry)

I have been using Affinity Designer this morning and I notice that when I use the Artistic Text tool and try to select a font to use, after about a few minutes Designer crashes. Will the next build update address this? 

• Staff

I have been using Affinity Designer this morning and I notice that when I use the Artistic Text tool and try to select a font to use, after about a few minutes Designer crashes. Will the next build update address this? 

We are working on it. There are a few crashes we know about on certain fonts. Have you noticed this happening on a font in particular?

Hello there,

Is it possible to bundle the message replies somewhere? (have I overlooked a setting?)

>> I have the same problem as Laurentie (below), after ervery restart the ICC profiles are reset (sRGB, US coated SWOP => In Belgium we need Fogra39)

I'm running 1.5.0.1 and the folder %APPDATA%\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta)\Settings is not empty... >>>

Hi Laurentia, the settings should be stored in the %APPDATA%\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta)\Settings folder. Is this folder empty for you?

Cheers!

Kristof

I wondered why I clicked the download link you provided, but I get a installer 1.5.0.2? My location: China

Sorry my English is quite poor.

1.5.0.4 on Intel core i5 5200U, 8G, windows 10 64-bit

I'm part of the BETA testers and I'm having trouble installing Affinity Designer for Windows. It says I need to install Windows Update kb2670838 and got curious, so I googled it and came up with these search results https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+update+kb2670838&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Now, I'm afraid to proceed and download the windows update kb2670838. Google and forums says it fucks Windows up, what to do then? I've been waiting to try Affinity Designer for so long, now that I hjave the BETA flavor I can't even proceed to use it. :-(

Hi, I downloaded the beta yesterday and tried installing it on my laptop but it crashed so I re-installed it again, and after third time it finally works. Now my current problem is that it prompted I successfully installed the program but I can't run it. Tried to restart the laptop several times but every time I try to run/open the program, it won't open. Is this because of the bug fixes on the beta build? How many minutes/hours do I have to wait until the program opens? Or maybe my laptop isn't worth to be run by Affinity Designer? Looking forward to some very useful comments, it's my first time using it. I will included here the specs of my laptop just to let you know if it's enough.

Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU w/ Radeom HD GRaphics 1.90 GHz
RAM: 6GB
System: 64-bit
Max Screen Resolution:  1600x900

Hi Young,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Maybe you have clicked an old installer file you still had in the downloads folder by mistake?

Here's the link to Affinity Designer Beta for Windows 1.5.0.4

Thank you very much, i will try again

Aha!there must be something wrong with my downloader, and i tried to download it directly using chrome, and i get the right version now. 

1.5.0.4 on Intel core i5 5200U, 8G, windows 10 64-bit

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.