You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer on Windows (1.5.0.4)

• Staff

Purpose: Stability

Requirements: None

Download: Here

We have decided to release the first update for Affinity Designer on Windows today - to fix a few significant bugs which were preventing some users from using the application properly / at all. Normally, we would release updates on a Tuesday - but we wanted to get these issues fixed before the weekend. Click the link above to download the new beta.

Fixes

- Fixed serious problems with all uses of fonts in the application.

- Fixed problem whereby the app would show the splash screen, then crash.

- Fixed installer problems - we think this should let people install who could not before - but let us know if you still cannot install.

- Fixed numerous issues with paths containing non-ASCII characters.

Thanks for taking the time to test Affinity on Windows - we'll be back with a new build early next week with even more fixes and improvements :)

Just grabbed the update will have a boo. I have not delved into the app other to ensure it boots, but for a wish list of a feature I have yet to find in it is the ability to trace images much like the auto trace feature in Corel draw. Abet it should work better of course than Corel Draws feature.

Downloaded just fine :)

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

Downloaded and installed OK  Only one question. Why does it take so long (1min or longer) to compute available disk space? I can do it in seconds using Windows Explorer to check the properties of drive C:

The crashes that I experienced on opening PDF files are fixed and some other issues with super/subscripts.

The improvements makes it worth doing some more testing over the weekend.

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

I installed this version, and now i canot use anything in windows. Before was ok. Bur now when i open the software the computer become SO HEAVY, and when is on full screen he loses quality and resolution.

(at this point i uninstalled all the adobe softwares to run only affinity and clean).

Keep the awesome work guys, cant wait to see this software running softly and cant wait for the affinity photo on windows too. :)

Why does it take so long (1min or longer) to compute available disk space?

I wondered about that too. I didn't try to time it, but it did seem like an inordinately long wait.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

can you please add some tools and color for google material design in next build?

the google material color swatches (Material Palette.ase) can be downloaded from > material.google.com and loaded into Affinity Designer

- select the swatches tab (upper right of affinity interface),

select the drop down menu (burger menu),

select - import pallet,

select the Material Palette.ase from where you saved it to on your computer and Affinity will load the swatches.

All of the google material design elements from material.google.com can be loaded into Affinity (remember to download the Roboto font set and install them)

- download the stickersheet assets that you want to use and use the open command to bring them into Affinty (file menu - open)

Warning!!!  - the google stickersheets assets require a lot of memory and take ages to open in Affinity (the original adobe files use between 100 to 700megabytes in Adobe Illustrator but Affinity needed 12gigabytes just to open the file ??

Indeed, very much better, thank you for the pre-weekend effort, surely worth it for impressions of this program.

- the PDF that crashed Designer no longer does. Text layout somewhat broken up and funky, which also confuses spell checker, giving lots of red until you turn it off. Presuming  this will all hone in.

- no more crashes on certain fonts that I could find. May have been 4-byte ones, likely. 

- you do still show and default choose something other than Regular/Book/etc. weights on some fonts when choosing from the handy top bar dropdown, typically Black, but not always.

Adobe Arno Pro chooses Subhead rather than Regular; Adobe Hypatia Sans Pro picks Black rather than Regular; (Adobe) Minion Pro picks Bold Cond.  Other Adobe fonts `such as Myriad Pro used Regular or Book as expected.

In fact I couldn't find a non-Adobe font that had the problem, so maybe it's an issue for fonts with Optical alternates or something?

Anyway, again, great and confidence-building work...

Hi there, quick status since loading the first available beta, 1.5.0.2

Alienware M17XR4

Running Win 7 home Premium 64-bit SP1; i7 @ 2.30Ghz; 16g RAM.

Surface Pro 3 Win10

D/loading: no probs.

Installing: np probs, very fast, needs to be running Aero interface on 7 (?) to work

Operation: Flawless, responsive, did everything I threw at it.

No crashing.

Have d'loaded latest beta will install shortly.

Cheers

m

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.