You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi BRJones,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Which application are you referring to? I'm assuming its Affinity Designer on Windows.

1. You didn't specify each tools are missing but there's more tools available in Pixel Persona (File ▸ Personas ▸ Pixel). Are those the tools you're referring to?

2. The Crop Tool in Affinity Designer is object based rather than document based. Moving the handles of the bounding box crops the respective side(s).

3. I´m not sure what you're referring here. If it's a control to simplify paths, it's not available in Designer yet.

chris,

In my experience, professional graphics applications don't have an "undo" nor a "redo" button, normally consumer level apps have those buttons. A simple key command or shortcut will do the trick quite nicely for most professionals and for those who aren't pros, the drop down menu works just fine. I would guess that the reason for this is, most professional graphics apps have many buttons and what not and something like an undo or redo button would just take up valuable screen space. 

Hokusai

The undo / redo is silly being on a drop down menu, just needs simple left & right arrow icons like other programs

Welcome here, chris.jljones@blueyonder.c

If you really need something like a (”silly“ slow) button solution, try/use the ”History“, please.

5Weight,

Hello and welcome to the forums. There isn't a line tool as of yet. Just use the Pen tool and if you need to make it straight, hold down the shift key. Sorry I don't know about the Crop Straighten Tool. 

Hokusai

• Staff

Hi 5Weight,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can also set the Pen Tool to Polygon or Line Mode in the Mode section on the context toolbar.

There's no Crop Straighten Tool in Designer. Only in Affinity Photo (not released yet for Windows, which have a document based crop, rather than object based as in Designer.