You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello guys

Am I the only one who actually needs the PDF/X-1a:2001 format instead of the available PDF/X-1a:2003?

I'm sending these files to an online printing service and they accept only PDF/X-1a:2001 in order do skip their revision fee.

Is there a way around this?

A future feature update?

Thanks

(sorry if this is a duplicate post - searched but didn't find anything)

Well, I'm both happy and sad... happy you might consider adding this feature and happy for other people.

Having searched a lot it seems like many people have this problem. Maybe this (low cost) service uses old software, I don't know. Maybe they're just depending on Adobe a little bit too much.

They've told me the problem is the online image upload that can't process other than that so PDF/X-1a:2001 goes automatically and all the others have to go to "revision" which I believe is nothing but human intervention on manually getting the file opened and checking for bugs.

It's just that printing 500 two sided color business cards go for 19€/21$/16£ (give or take) total instead of 3 or 4 times what local business ask for. Imagine that for business cards for a few employees, campaign flyers, and other occasionally styff and the total goes way higher!

Plus the service is surprisingly good!

Well, thanks for the feedback.

And, off course, keep up with the amazing software!

• 3 years later...

Our online printing service and they accept only PDF/X-1a:2001 too, same als joaojotta. 

Of course I realize that it is already 2019 now, the printer machines / presses are tuned to PDF/X-1a:2001 profile. (Just asked them)

Have you a plug in anywhere for this problem? Or a other solution, such as a external reliable converter (Not Adobe Acrobat Pro, please)

• 6 months later...

i know about it. But every time i send the file, the printing always say "it isn't PDF/x-1a:2001, please adjust the presets".

When I send it to a digital printing shop, at first the system already signals a problem.

I love Affinity Serifs softwares, but every time I have to send them to the printer, it's always the same problem, because of that I still have to use Adobe Illustrator just to close the file.