You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

WIP: Eargasm

iKoma

Today I have checked out as many tutorials as I could find and I thought it would be time to start my first project.

I am featuring this as a work-in-progress because I need some support.

This is not an original work. I used a photograph from Stefan Grosjean as reference (not sure if this is allowed, copyright-wise?) because it looked extremely simple to edit.

The women looks as if she is really enjoying some music - only the earphones are missing, which I will add digitally. ;)

My next work will be based on a drawing or photograph by me, but first I want to finish this for practice.

As you can see, my first difficulty is how to remove some of the background color. I used two large circles to color the woman. For the parts where the colors are correctly in place (e.g. lips) I created a filled area along the black lines. But this will be a problem if I decide to make the lines thinner. It will create a space between the line and the filled area. In this case, it won't be a problem because some of the lines are actually too thin. But I would like to know what the correct method of editing is for future projects.

I have attached the actual file for you to better understand what I mean because I am still lacking the necessary vocabulary.

The file needs a lot of polish, some lines didn't work out as smooth, but I noticed how the vectors got better (with less points) the further I got. It's actually a lot of fun!

The layers are a mess and lack groups. Sorry for that.

Secondly, I noticed when scaling the vectors, the line thickness doesn't scale along. Is there a way to make the line thickness scale with the rest of the picture? Say if in the future, I create a web graphic and decide to print it as a poster, how do i correctly change the image size?

Thanks a ton for your support!

Eargasm.afdesign

post-1557-0-11257100-1413738275_thumb.jpg

Hi iKoma,

Yes there is a  a way to make the line thickness scale with the rest of the picture... just click on "scale with object" feature in the line palette.

Very nice work by the way. Congrats

:-)

How could I miss that? Thanks a lot! It's kind of a lot of work to tick the option on every line, but I will definitely try to remember it for my next graphic.

It's a great drawing!!

(by the way , where are the nipples? :D)

I never intended to give her nipples because, at first, my intention was to give her a shirt. But actually, putting a shirt on her has either of two results:

1. the shirt covers her beautiful figure, losing almost all of the sexiness.

2. giving her a shirt/ bikini that is still revealing to show her feminine body, will result in a kind of slutty projection and I think leaving her naked (but without nipples to not be too explicit) is the best option.

However, I received the feedback that the graphic is too sexist for some. Coming from Germany, I might have been too open. So sorry if I offended you. I decided to cut off the lower part. If you want the rest of her body, just drop a line and I will upload the file. I cleaned it up a bit and created groups.

I did not figure out how to correctly cut out the background color. I'm searching for some kind of knife tool that will cut the lower layer by the upper layer. I don't even know if this tool exists or if other programs have it. But actually I'm starting to dig the double-circle skin coloring so I will leave it for now.

post-1557-0-84247300-1414014276_thumb.png

Here is the file. I edited it quite some more than I intended. There is one big issue that needs to be solved before anyone should attempt to send it to a printer. The layer "skin", which backs all of the woman, has two tiny line gaps. I couldn't figure out how to cut out areas and remove them from a fill, so I tried to move the lines around the gap, hoping they would overlap, but instead they negated. Sorry, I really don't know how to explain. Should become pretty obvious when selecting the layer.

I'm now looking forward to my first very own project.

BTW, here is the link to the original photograph: Sweet, Soft, Plenty Rhythm by stefangrosjean on deviantART

(Picture might be blocked for unregistered members due to mature content.)

post-1557-0-64899300-1414072772_thumb.jpg

Eargasm.afdesign

Hi iKoma. Between her wrists and by her right elbow, you can create new shapes to cut out from the skin fill. Create a 'gap' shape, select it and the skin shape, then use Subtract from the Boolean operations on the top toolbar. Repeat for each cut out. You could do this for a third gap, between the fingers on the left hand. Well done on all the line work.

Edit: For best results, drag the shapes that will be cut-outs to just above the skin layer before performing the Subtract.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

It's a great drawing!!

(by the way , where are the nipples? :D)

aww they are overrated anyway  :P  :D

Nice Job Ikoma. I like what you done with the background to add to the mood.