You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unhandled Exception on launch

Can't even get to try AD once. Launching just causes an Unhandled Exception right off the bat.
Tried running as admin, same thing.
post-32290-0-37278700-1467359910_thumb.jpg

Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1511 (Build 10586.420)
BitDefender AV (Free version)
AMD Phenom II X6
16Gb Ram

Radeon HD 5700 (driver version 15.201.1151.1008)
OS and programs installed on Sandisk Plus 240Gb SSD

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nope, Affinity Photo not working either.  I get the Windows error sound only, nothing launches.

(Crash reports in my original post here ► https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/27758-affinity-photo-system-crash/&p=135054 )

I have a malware free machine with an up-to-date Windows 10 Pro.  No other software I use has any problems.
I was hoping the crash reports helped, but no reply since Nov 11 on these.

On 30/11/2016 at 7:57 PM, SteveLedger said:

Nope, Affinity Photo not working either.  I get the Windows error sound only, nothing launches.

(Crash reports in my original post here ► https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/27758-affinity-photo-system-crash/&p=135054 )

I have a malware free machine with an up-to-date Windows 10 Pro.  No other software I use has any problems.

I was hoping the crash reports helped, but no reply since Nov 11 on these.

Hi, can you take a look at this page, and see if anything is applicable to your setup?

https://www.quppa.net/blog/2012/09/04/fastpictureviewer-codec-pack-windows-8-and-wpf-dont-play-nicely-together/

Do you have FastPictureViewer installed?

Do you have FastPictureViewer installed?

I do indeed..

To test this out I installed AP on a spare (old) test machine and it launched just fine.

I then installed FPV, rebooted then tried to run AP again - 'dong' same error that I get on my main machine.

Well done, Mark you found the conflict.  :) 

Unfortunately this is for Serif to find a work around for as I cannot remove FPV from my main machine. 

Thanks though, now at least we know where the conflict arises from..

I do indeed..

Unfortunately this is for Serif to find a work around for as I cannot remove FPV from my main machine. 

Great news!

Unfortunately there is nothing for us to solve, the bug is in the FastPictureViewer itself. I suggest you send a bug report to the makers of FastPictureViewer if you'd like the problem solving. I've sent them a tweet to this link so they can take a look at the problem.

• 2 years later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.