You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First impressions of Designer for Windows. Congrats to the team.

I'm using a surface pro 4 with docking station and 2nd monitor (1920 px). When using designer on this second monitor,i have scaling problems. The UI is fine, but cursors, hint boxes and some dialog boxes seems  scaled at 200% (to big).

Also, when i'm using shortcuts for switching the program to the second monitor, the program doesn't fit on this monitor but flows over to the first for a part.

When using fill after drawing a rectangle: sometimes i can't use a color fill.  When using a gradiënt fill and i want to change the gradiënt color, often i can't change the fade colors. If i can, sometimes i have to chose a color from the HSL triangle first. If i choose a color from the circle first, no color change is applied.

When i change the color presets (preferences) and close the program, the change is not remembered (fi CMYK profile changed in Euroscale, after reopening designer the US Web Coated profile is active again. 

Apologize for my Englisch, it's not my native language. Keep you posted.

post-32271-0-81179000-1467356608_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi Lieven,

We are aware of the issue where you change colour profiles and the change is not remembered.

Can you let me know what resolution and scaling you are using on your surface pro? I'll try emulate a setup that has both your screens and see if I can replicate the UI behaviour you are experiencing.

Unfortunately I can't replicate any of the colour issue your having, where are you trying to apply the fill after drawing the rectangle?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thanks for the feedback.

My monitor set-up: Surface pro 4, native resolution (2736 x 1824), 200% scaling.

My 2nd monitor: IIyama 1920 x 1080, 100% scaling

Color issue:

when i'm drawing a rectangle and want to fill it with color (HSL color) nothing changes. When i go to the Swatches I see that it is set to grayscale. I have to change it to color and choose a swatch color. Then i can change the colors using fi the HSL dialog box. When i restart Designer the same thing happens when i want to fill fi a rectangle.

When i'm using a grdaient fill, the same thing seems to happen. Sometimes i can't change the gradiënt colors, sometimes i first have tot pick al color from the HSL triangle.

This behaviour also applies to the stroke color.

I've had also an error when closing a document using the "x" button. An error report was send. Afterwards, this error never showed up again when using the "X" button for closing a file.

• Staff

How are you applying the colour before you move to the swatches tab? Are you using the colour wheel?

Did you get an option to recover the document during your next run up after the error?

When i drawed a rectangle after opening designer, regardless how i choose the color, it won't apply (from the HSL wheel or from the option bar on top. I first have to change in the swatch panel the option greys (recent) to colors. The next time i open designer this option is set to grays again. Once you have set this option to colors, everthing works fine (normal fill) until  you close and open designer again.

I did not get an option to recover the document (for as far as i recall)

• Staff

Can you have a look at the attached gif and let me know if you are doing anything differently?

I've also reproduced the first issue you mentioned where tooltips etc. were much larger than intended, i've logged this now so thanks for reporting it!

post-5093-0-40529200-1467369187_thumb.gif

After starting up (control pressed) i cleared all settings to default.

At first sight, things work more as intendent. However, sometimes i have to choose a color first from the inner rectangle (hsl tab). Choosing the first color from the outer circle won't apply the color. After choosen a first color, changing the color works perfectly (regardless where i pcik the color from).

Thanks for your feedback

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.